ABA is currently seeking a Front End Web Developer who will be responsible for implementing projects and tasks necessary to support current and proposed ABA website functionality both internally and externally. Additionally, the Web Developer will maintain the real time performance, functionality, and integrity of ABA websites. The Web Developer will perform a variety of tasks including: participating in systems development projects; contributing to the development of project plans; providing guidance and control in planning and coordinating in-house and third party vendor resources; and contributing to all phases of systems analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance. S/he must be familiar with IT field concepts, practices, and procedures as they relate to systems development.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Web page/form/site development, maintenance and support:
Consulting for internal customers:
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with ABA user departments to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction. • Assist in the planning and implementing development team policies, procedures, and best practices governing search engine optimization and web development. • Provide guidance as needed in the analysis of business functions to define requirements and develop project specifications. • Identify opportunities for process improvements.
Troubleshooting, issues management/resolution:
• Respond to escalated issues with website functionality • Collaborate with other developers and infrastructure team to troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis of website issues • Offer proactive feedback to maintain integrity of ABA’s web development platforms and processes.
Other Duties As Assigned:
• Maintain knowledge of general business and Association practices (Accounting, Marketing, Customer Service, Membership, Human Resources, etc.) • Assist in completion of special projects on an as needed basis within the IT department.
• 4-year degree in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering or Computer Based Business Information Systems or equivalent experience required.
• 3-5 years of experience with:
Preferred: • Experience with responsive web designs (RWD) for desktop and mobile platforms • Experience with SharePoint Online, Office 365 • Experience with Active Directory integration (for centralized user authentication/authorization) • Ability to develop secure web solutions • Experience with .NET-based enterprise level content management system (CMS) • Experience with web analytic tools, such as Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics
The American Bankers Association is the united voice of America’s hometown bankers—small, regional and large banks that together employ more than 2 million women and men, hold nearly $17 trillion in assets, safeguard $12.8 trillion in deposits and extend more than $9 trillion in loans. ABA believes that government policies should recognize the industry’s diversity. Laws and regulations should be t...ailored to correspond to a bank’s charter, business model, hometown markets and risk profile. This policymaking approach avoids the negative economic consequences of burdensome, unsuitable and inefficient bank regulation. Through a broad array of information, training, staff expertise and other resources, ABA supports America’s hometown bankers as they perform their critical role as drivers of America’s economic growth and job creation.