Under the title, Service Center Representative, this customer and member services position serves as the first point of contact for AI members, AI prospects and the public. This position is responsible for establishing a professional rapport with all AI Professionals and the public, and provides the highest level of customer service and organizational knowledge as a part of the AI service center team.
The AI Service Center Representative also provides support to Chapters and Regions under the guidance of the Senior Manager, Professional Resources.
- Respond to caller inquiries and emails from AI Professionals, prospects and other individuals regarding AI designations, education, admissions, meetings, AI benefits, chapters, publications and other services on an ongoing basis.
- Provide updated notes and records in response to all inquiries and manage database information and tracking as needed.
- Maintain proficiency in the association's AMS software for the purpose of accurate record development, updating, and retention, as well as AMS reporting, in order to enhance the level of customer service provided to AI Professionals and customers.
- Assist with chapter services by reviewing chapter minutes and monitoring all Minimum Chapter Criteria to help ensure compliance.
- Address reinstatements, delinquencies and other transactions relating to AI dues and fees.
- Assist with the promotion of AI benefits, AI designations, AI education and products/services in a proactive and professional manner, internally and externally.
- Participate in ongoing interoffice customer service, admissions and education training as needed.
- Must maintain thorough and up-to-date knowledge of the Appraisal Institute, AI educational offerings, chapter services, AI governance, designation and admissions information and should be capable and comfortable discussing such matters.
- Work with Admissions, Finance, Marketing, Education and other appropriate staff to assist with ongoing customer service.
- Ensures and fosters cooperation and professionalism when working internally with other AI departments and externally with outside vendors.
Job Qualification Requirements:
- Some college preferred.
- Must have excellent phone etiquette, stable work history, excellent diction, general data entry and writing skills, basic computer literacy to easily navigate between Windows and Microsoft products and association software systems, including the AMS.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent ability to multi-task and to prioritize projects and work flow.
- Must demonstrate great attention to detail.
- Possesses strong work ethic.
- Ability to successfully work in a team environment to achieve department goals.
- Good attendance/punctuality – is consistently at work on time.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Good problem solving ability.
- Must be computer literate and comfortable with current technology.
- Minimum of 2 years of inbound customer service and/or Call Center experience. Association experience preferred.
The Appraisal Institute is a global professional association of real estate appraisers, with nearly 19,000 professionals in almost 60 countries throughout the world. Its mission is to advance professionalism and ethics, global standards, methodologies, and practices through the professional development of property economics worldwide. Organized in 1932, the Appraisal Institute advocates equal oppo...rtunity and nondiscrimination in the appraisal profession and conducts its activities in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Individuals of the Appraisal Institute benefit from an array of professional education and advocacy programs, and may hold the prestigious MAI, SRPA, SRA, AI-GRS and AI-RRS designations. Learn more at www.appraisalinstitute.org.