FSMTB seeks a Deputy Director to work closely with the Executive Director in all areas of association management to plan, oversee, and coordinate the entire operation of the organization. Will guide and lead other members of management; work with members of all departments and participate in the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of key business and performance goals, short- and long-term strategic planning and objectives, finances, programs, and policies. As a member of the senior leadership team, the Deputy Director will play a key role in the management of the organization and assume responsibility for the organization's daily activities in the executive director's absence.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES: Committed to a partnership with the executive director. Oversee and adjust the organization's processes and operations as necessary to ensure efficient and effective execution of services, policies and procedures. Work with senior management on infrastructure growth, information technology, human capital and resource development. Manage the integration of various activities and departments, track progress to identify performance discrepancies; honestly assess performance and act on results. Develop budget in the context of the organization's strategic goals. Monitor expenditure and asset redeployment activities. Structure and lead teams to deliver outstanding work; willingness to be both demanding and supportive of staff; exercise accountability and provide appropriate consequences. Communicate effectively orally and in writing, in a variety of contexts and situations, reaching diverse audiences. Represent the FSMTB as needed at board meetings, state board meetings and other industry venues.
1. Inspire and motivate others to perform well, accept feedback from others; foresight; behavior consistently congruent with desired cultural values.
2. Participate in planning, decision-?making, facilitating process improvements; experience successfully developing and implementing new programs; experience in project management; prioritizing, delegating and managing projects from inception to completion.
3. Exhibit critical reasoning ability; systemic thinking; attention to detail; integrity; creativity; ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
4. Ability to work independently and collaborate as part of a multidisciplinary, diverse and dynamic team; flexibility and adaptability; conceptual thinking; goal orientation; openness; optimism; kindness; humility.
5. Possess superior written and verbal communication skills to positively affect organizational culture.
6. Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gather and analyze information skillfully.
7. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
8. Commitment to financial integrity; knowledge of key principles of budgeting, finance and accounting, management and organizational principles.
9. Be able to travel occasionally.
10. Preferred - Knowledge of massage industry, regulatory community needs and obligations; familiarity with the intricacies of professional credentialing processes.
Additional Salary Information: Benefits include health, vision, dental, life insurance, 401K, paid vacation and health leave, profit share.
The mission of the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB) is to support its Member Boards in their work to ensure that the practice of massage therapy is provided to the public in a safe and effective manner. In carrying out this mission, the Federation provides education, services, and guidance to Member Boards that help them fulfill their statutory, professional, public, and ethical obligations.