The American Telemedicine Association (ATA) is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to play a significant role in supporting the Finance Department.
The Senior Accountant will play a major role in the production of monthly financial statements, closely working with the CFO on new initiatives to improve process efficiencies and internal controls. This is a tremendous opportunity to contribute and leave a personal mark on the company's success, and develop as a leader.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Accounting and Human Resources (70%)
• Monthly balance sheet accounts reconciliations • Quarterly payroll and other major expense/revenue accounts reconciliations • Preparation of monthly financial statements • Monthly budget vs actual variance reports • Supervise/assist junior staff in semi-monthly payroll processing • Supervise/assist junior staff for all ongoing benefit-related transactions • Review and post monthly business credit card expenses • Vendor management, including review of agreements and contracts for proper recording • Reconciliation of Intacct G/L to external databases (YM, CDS, Cadmium, etc.) • Responsible for following and enforcing compliance with internal policies and procedures
Annual Audit and Budget (10%)
• Major liaison with external auditors • Responsible for providing all accounting-related schedules and documents on the PBC list • Assist senior management with annual budgeting process • Assist senior management with periodic budget re-forecast
Administrative and IT (10%)
• Assist CFO with overseeing facilities and front desk operations • Assist CFO with overseeing network operations and IT
• Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment • Financial analytics and reporting • Strong communication skills with all staff levels • Problem solving • Attention to detail
Senior Accountant will play a team lead role initially. Within 6-12 months of employment, following a positive review, Senior Accountant will supervise a junior staff member.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting • CPA or CPA candidate preferred • 6 – 8 years of demonstrated progressive experience • Recent experience with ADP Workforce highly desirable
ATA is a non-profit association based in Washington DC with a membership network of more than 10,000 industry leaders and healthcare professionals. We are a leading telehealth association helping to transform healthcare by improving the quality, equity and affordability of healthcare throughout the world.
Today, the use of telemedicine has spread rapidly and is now becoming integrated into ...the ongoing operations of hospitals, specialty departments, home health agencies, private physician offices as well as consumer’s homes and workplaces. It’s no wonder why this has become a multi-billion-dollar industry and why nearly every major hospital and healthcare system leverages it to transform and to re-invent healthcare.
As the largest telehealth-focused organization, we offer the largest, international telehealth conference in the industry. We also feature the world's busiest web portal, the top eNewsletter, and the most-watched, monthly video series. ATA is also widely recognized for the unique, high quality Advocacy-Education-Network opportunities we offer.