American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
January 31, 2018
Full Time - Experienced
Accounting, Administrative, Clerical, Support
2 Year Degree
AASLD, an association for scientists and health care providers in the field of liver disease, is seeking a Junior Accountant. The Junior Accountant will be responsible for processing the day- to-day accounts payable transactions in an accurate and timely manner. This position reports to the Staff Accountant.
The Junior Account is responsible for the integrity of AASLD and AASLD Foundation accounts payable data including the accurate recording of vendor payments into accounting system. Reconcile all other accounting schedules related to accounts payable for month-end and year-end schedules. Participate in preparation of the year-end audit.
Primary Position Duties:
• Perform AASLD and AASLD Foundation full cycle accounts payable activity in PN3 system with accuracy including reviewing invoices, expense reports and check requests for appropriate documentation and management authorization
• Create AASLD and AASLD Foundation new vendor records
• Prepare AASLD & AASLD Foundation journal entries for assigned general ledger accounts
• Follow-up with AASLD and AASLD Foundation AP outstanding checks
• Maintain AASLD and AASLD Foundation accounts payable and vendors files
• Verify AASLD and AASLD Foundation accounts payable vouchers with the proper account number
• Maintain files for completed vendor W-9 forms
• Research and resolve vendor payment inquiries as requested
• Print and maintain all required AASLD and AASLD Foundation A/P monthly reports
• Assist in reconciling month-end A/P related schedules.
• Assist in preparation of AASLD and AASLD Foundation year-end audit and income tax returns
• Responsible for adhering to the AASLD’s financial policies and procedures
• Participate in the monthly finance team meetings
• Maintain files for vendor contracts
• Review and revise AASLD & AASLD Foundation accounting forms i.e., check request forms, travel expense reports, annually
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Associate Degree in accounting, B.S. preferred
Minimum of two years’ experience in accounting
Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (“GAAP”)
Experience with Solomon, Dynamics SL, PN3 or another automated accounting system a plus
Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet required deadlines.
Strong organizational with a high attention to detail
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
Energetic, self-motivated, highly organized team player with excellent customer service skills
Strong computer skills required; proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Internal Number: AASLD-JAcct12018
About American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
AASLD is the leading organization of scientists and healthcare professionals committed to preventing and curing liver disease.