Basic Function of the Position: (This is an exempt position)
Provides support to department staff for standards committee and event activities. This is an exempt position.
Critical Duties and Responsibilities: (List the most critical duties and responsibilities of the position from most critical to least critical.)
· Manage groups of industry volunteers including committees, working groups and discovery groups to provide direction, facilitation and mediation related to industry standards. This includes: coordination, scheduling and organizing meetings, developing agendas and production of meeting minutes.
· Ensure standards development process complies with ANSI/CTA due process requirements, and separately, with committee rules of procedure.
· Facilitate initiatives and activities of industry groups and volunteers including promoting the groups' work through print and online channels and editing/publishing documents.
· Assist committee chairs in the management of standards projects, including development of project schedules, monitoring of project status, ensuring deadlines are met and identifying opportunities to expedite the process.
· Understand and implement CTA strategic goals set forth by CTA management and volunteer leaders to promote the growth and success of CTA and the industry.
· Manage committee review of comments on CTA standards in accordance with CTA procedures.
· Seek out and cultivate new projects for CTA standards committees to promote the industry.
· Perform other duties as required by business needs.
· 5-7 years’ experience in the development of industry standards in an association or engineering organization, or project management experience preferred
· Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or a related area. Master’s degree preferred.
· Must have high level of organization and possess the ability to prioritize competing projects while maintaining a strong attention to detail.
· Must be an effective communicator with strengths in both oral and written communications with the ability to develop marketing language for standards committee efforts.
· Strong interest in consumer technology and the industry.
· Superior customer focus with ability to represent CTA during interactions with members.
· Knowledge of Kavi Database preferred.
· Association or standards experience a plus
About Consumer Technology Association
As a catalyst to the dynamic technology industry, the Consumer Technology Association (CTA)™ accelerates growth and progress for the fast-paced economy. With leading market research, CTA educates members, and by establishing standards, CTA shapes the industry at large.