IAAO is seeking an experienced Director of Professional Development who will direct the association’s professional development offerings and programming including those delivered through conferences, e-learnings, e-briefings, live trainings, on-site trainings and technical assistance. The ideal candidate for this position possesses proven leadership skills, as well as a strong ability to problem solve and make sound decisions that encourage growth.
The successful candidate will develop education program content that is consistent with the mission and strategic plan of IAAO, and develop new content delivery models and that are responsive to the needs of the membership.
The Director of Professional Development serves as a member of the executive management team and reports to the Executive Director.
Direct all operations of IAAO’s learning initiatives, including but not limited to IAAO’s individual credentialed programs, in-person and online training programs, accreditation program, guides, and other learning tools and programs; make recommendations for improvement. Lead efforts to identify and prioritize Member education, accreditation needs domestically and internationally; develop recommendations to meet those needs. Lead efforts to regularly assess the relevancy and accuracy of IAAO’s learning materials, including but not limited to IAAO’s in-person and online training programs, accreditation program, and guides; make recommendations for improvement.
· Plan, coordinate, and direct implementation of new programs as approved, ensuring “New Product Development” process is followed and documented.
· Lead efforts to develop relevant and attractive content for IAAO’s annual International Research Symposium (IRS) and Annual Conference, including course solicitation, selection, development, and speaker management.
· Review, enhance and assess learning technology systems, process and content.
· Identify and assess potential resources for education and training program content development and delivery.
· Secure subject matter experts to develop and present content.
· Collaborate with Marketing & Communications staff and contractors to develop detailed marketing and communications plans that include, at a minimum, goals, strategies, tactics, Key Performance Indicators (KPI), budget details, and anticipated returns (ROI), to support all of IAAO’s learning initiatives.
· Identify and recruit partners to support IAAO’s learning initiatives.
Management & Other Responsibilities
· Collaborate with IAAO’s Executive Director to form a high-performance, efficient, effective team delivering on all of IAAO’s learning objectives.
· Develop and maintain departmental budget. Accountable for ensuring budgeted net gains are attained.
· Direct work of department staff; set annual metrics; conduct regularly scheduled department meetings; conduct annual performance evaluations of staff.
· Ensure full integration of department programs with other IAAO departments, including IT, communications, membership, meetings, accounting, etc.
· Participate in IAAO committee and leadership meetings as directed.
· Serve as staff liaison to IAAO committees as directed.
· Provide written department update reports as requested and presentations to Board of Directors, Chapter Leadership and the inhouse Team.
· Ensure full compliance by all parties with all partner agreements (universities, associations, companies, other).
· Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Professional Qualifications & Skills
o Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with an adult-learning, business or project management concentration.
o Minimum 5 years director-level experience at association, nonprofit, or related business, including leading/managing staff.
o Demonstrated leadership in strategic planning, program development, and education management
o Complete understanding of integration between, and value of, association programs and benefits (Education, credentially, training resources).
o Ability to, and comfort with, making independent decisions that coincide with the association’s direction and serve the association well.
o Hands-on management style with a take-charge attitude tempered with diplomacy.
o Results driven, team-oriented, and individual/organizational capacity builder.
o Strong understanding of and comfort using technology solutions.
o Strong attention to detail, including organizing a multitude of activities and ensuring complete follow-through.
o Desire to serve members and staff as the first priority; responsive to customers and clients.
o Selfless giver of him/herself; it’s not about “me,” it’s about “us.”
o Self-assured and confident, but humble and prudent.
o Enthusiastic and positive.
o Provides vision and inspiration, earning respect and trust, and mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
o Trusting and trustworthy.
o Collaborative, team orientation.
o Exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
o Resilience and flexibility to quickly find new solutions, new ways of attaining goals, and creating value….and being okay with that change.
o Ethical; works with integrity and upholds the association’s values.
o Responsible; takes ownership of work and actions.
About The International Association of Assessing Officers
Additional Salary Information: Excellent Benefits
About International Association of Assessing Officers
IAAO is a nonprofit, educational, and research association. It is a professional membership organization of government assessment officials and others interested in the administration of the property tax. IAAO was founded in 1934, and now has a membership of more than 7,000 members worldwide from governmental, business, and academic communities.