The American Society of Consultant Pharmacists (ASCP) has an immediate opening for an Educational Affairs Program Manager in its Alexandria, VA office.
General Responsibility: Provides support to the Educational Affairs Department.
Development and execution of educational initiatives (80%)
* Collaborate with staff, committees and speakers in the development and execution of educational activities (Annual Meeting, Forum, Boot Camp, webinars and others as needed).
* Organize peer review process for Board Certified Geriatric Pharmacist educational activities.
* Copy-edit, format and post materials for program-related products (e.g., handouts, recordings, post-tests, etc.).
* Partner with the Communications Department on the development of outreach and marketing strategies to support educational activities.
* Coordinate speaker logistics for live webinars and conference presentations.
* Conduct and review evaluations to identify ways to improve programs and products.
* Maintain up-to-date and accurate information on education websites.
* Participate in committee meetings to execute initiatives.
* Manage call for proposal process.
* Track participants’ continuing education assignments for pre- and post-conference workshop events.
* Input data and provide reports relating to speaker and education session information.
* Serve as ACPE Administrator and ensure compliance with ACPE criteria.
* Travel to meetings as required.
* Represent ASCP at external association meetings as needed.
* Maintain knowledge of learning management system usage and updates.
* Provide customer service support for educational initiative inquiries.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of adult learning required. Membership association management experience preferred.
* Computer Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. Experience utilizing and troubleshooting a learning management system.
* Communication Skills: Clear verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to write session descriptions, learning objectives, and speaker correspondence.
* Mathematical Skills: Knowledge of business math principles.
* Reasoning Ability: Ability to logically plan and schedule activities and tasks to meet established timelines. Ability to manage numerous concurrent projects.
* Other Skills and Abilities: Strong interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills. Attention to detail essential.
* Work Environment: Fast paced and interactive.
Additional Salary Information: Please submit cover letter with Salary requirements and resume.
About American Society of Consultant Pharmacists
The American Society of Consultant Pharmacists (ASCP) is a national nonprofit organization representing approximately 6,000 pharmacists who provide pharmaceutical care and management services to the senior population. As the experts in geriatric pharmacy, ASCP develops a variety of professional resources and tools for practitioners and also represents and advocates on behalf of the safe and appropriate use of medications for seniors. Additionally, the Society offers specialized resources for its partners in industry to help them effectively target the senior care pharmacy market and the ASCP membership.