The Exhibit and Events Operations Manager is responsible for Solar Power International Show Floor Operations and event Operations at various Solar Power Events. Operations Manager will successfully manage complex projects, and work closely with internal staff and external partners, to execute superior events in an efficient and cost-effective manner. As an organizational leader, they contribute to the development of SETS strategic goals and objectives, and relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. As part of a dynamic team, this manager position is responsible for a significant number of independent projects and event production. The Operations Manager works with internal team members and external stakeholders, partners, and vendors.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities: To be successful in this position, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily, in addition to other duties as assigned to meet business needs and organizational objectives.
The Exhibit and Events Operations Manager will be responsible for:
- Manage Solar Power International Show Floor Operations. Specific responsibilities include floor plan creation/development; developing and recommending show rules and regulations; working with third party vendors and facility/venue personnel to plan and execute operational logistics; onsite management of logistics related to show move-in/out, floor management and troubleshooting operational issues; attendee/exhibitor flow and signage; special event planning; supporting sales and the exhibitor program including operations forms and sponsorship fulfillment; supporting partner management; on-site management of floor and freight, and other duties as assigned; developing and managing budgets; preparing reports; and supporting and looking for ways to strategically and continuously improve event operation logistics and processes to improve the exhibitor experience.
- Serve as operational lead for multiple Solar Power Events. This includes working with site venue, managing housing (including staff housing list); ensure excellent and effective logistical implementation including room assignment and set-up, audio visual, transportation, signage, food and beverage, etc.; working with the sales exhibit space design and approval, operations forms, and sponsorship fulfillment; preparing reports; supporting and looking for ways to strategically and continuously improve event operation logistic process; and as necessary, develop RFPs, participate in site review and selection; manage budgets and billing.
- Create impeccable customer relationships, including identifying customer needs and respond creatively, listening to information, asking questions and applying knowledge to determine solutions.
- Oversee the operational development of a number of SPI special projects including: the SPI VIP program including area design, coordination, and implementation; SPI golf tournament, 5K, business development initiatives, etc.
- Work on a daily/weekly basis with sales and marketing departments, general service contractor, and other vendors to ensure holistic program development and execution. Assist with operations software, Goombal.
- Measure and record participation, consumption, and costs for all events to enable SETS to use data to make informed projections for future events.
- Manage and work with appropriate staff to evaluate all events, ensuring continual improvement and quality customer service.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting.