Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Administrative Associate provides administrative, operational, communications and member service support to ensure the effectiveness of the Forum in achieving our mission and vision. The role and responsibilities will have a particular emphasis on administrative support of senior staff. Working in collaboration with Forum staff, the Administrative Associate will play a key role in ensuring that the Forum operates in an efficient, professional manner and provides outstanding service and support to our members, partners and other key stakeholders.
The Forum is in the initial stage of implementing an exciting new vision to be the place where philanthropy’s infrastructure comes together, expanding our network to include both regional and national philanthropy-serving organizations. The Administrative Associate will play a pivotal role in ensuring that we are successful in achieving our new vision, serving our members and fulfilling our national leadership role in the philanthropy sector.
The Administrative Associate will contribute as an active member of cross-organization teams and work collaboratively with other staff to advance program and organizational goals.
This is a full-time (37.5 hours) position based in the Forum’s Washington, DC office. Salary is in the mid-40s, with a competitive benefits package include health coverage.
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
The Forum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a culturally diverse team and encourage applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds.
No telephone inquiries please.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain calendars, schedule meetings, arrange travel, and handle expense reporting and tracking for senior staff, primarily the CEO and Chief Strategy Officer.
- Schedule and coordinate preparation of materials and communications for board and committee meetings and calls.
- Take accurate meeting minutes and create timely reports for board and committee meetings.
- Maintain all corporate files and correspondence records.
- Assist Director of Operations with invoicing, payments, mail processing and general office management duties.
- Manage the general phone line, respond to member inquiries and greet office guests.
- Assist with maintaining accurate and up-to-date information in our database and electronic files.
- Develop and manage office systems and files.
- Provide key administrative and logistical support for the Forum’s annual conference, meetings and events.
- All other duties as assigned.
The Forum team has identified the following core competencies as critical for our work:
- Building Relationships
- Communicating Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Strategic Agility
- Supporting Organizational Goals