Since 1884, Madison has been saving and enhancing the lives of youth by providing youth development services for children in New York City’s most disadvantaged communities. Our programs are engineered to empower each member to achieve three priority outcomes: Academic Success, Good Character & Citizenship, and the adoption of a Healthy Lifestyle. Every day, Madison provides thousands of children with a safe and positive environment, one where fun is encouraged and positive role models are plentiful. A founding member of Boys & Girls Clubs of America, Madison currently serves more than 5,000 youth, ages 6 to 18, at four sites throughout Brooklyn and the Bronx. We are offering an exciting opportunity for a Director of College & Career Development at our Navy Yard Clubhouse in Brooklyn, NY.
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, organizing, conducting and evaluating programs, activities and events for Project Graduate under the direct supervision of the Program Director and providing guidance, both individual and group, for career exploration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate healthy and safe environment in program areas
- Work as a member of the clubhouse team to ensure the delivery of comprehensive youth development services; attend all meetings as requested
- Deliver services according to programmatic and outcome goals as it pertains to youth enrolled in the Project Graduate program who are promoted to next grade levels, graduate from JHS and/or HS, and youth who apply to college
- Initiate, collaborate and maintain community contacts with families, schools and other organizations and institutions, as required and requested
- Provide individual guidance and referrals to all members of Project Graduate
- Ensure members attend Career & College Fairs and College Tours
- Facilitate resume creation, strong interview, public speaking and presentation skills for club members
- Assist Project Graduate members to achieve employment and internships.