The Director of Communications will have a record of success, have a demonstrated ability to manage a large volume of communications content, and be skilled at communicating with diverse audiences — including corporations, nonprofit partners, government officials, academics and the public.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- A positive attitude and high energy—a person who sees opportunities rather than problems, enjoys working cooperatively in a team environment, and prioritizes the mission over individual agendas
- Active curiosity and engagement in ongoing learning—having and seeking depth of content knowledge and understanding
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence—a good listener and relationship builder
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects in a fast-paced environment, handling tasks with diplomacy, tenacity, patience and a drive for results
- Proven ability to manage projects and people and ability to execute tactical activities such as news releases, press conferences, media appearances, briefings, and related events
- Experience with a variety of a traditional and social media and communications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel up to 35%
- University degree in natural resources, sustainability, communications, journalism, or related field
- Minimum of five years working in communications or marketing field
- Familiarity with forest sustainability issues in the U.S. or Canada is required, direct experience with forest certification or in the forest sector is an asset
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply for this position, email a resume and cover letter to the attention of Nadine Block, COO and SVP Public Affairs, at email@example.com. Subject line should say “Application: Director, Communications.” Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.