Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ professional experience in a similar role.
- Experience working with committees is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) necessary to effectively interact with all levels of organization.
- Capable of providing excellent customer service.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Display high level of energy and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with all division teams and management.
- Experience in Associations, professional services, healthcare, and/or education desired.
Fiscal Management: This position is required to provide staff support to the supervisor in the development of the unit’s annual budget, program or project budget.
Physical/Work Environment: Fast paced with significant people interaction. No lifting over 20 pounds, minimal reaching bending and stooping. Performs work in a normal office environment with long hours in front of the computer.
Other Necessary Requirements: Occasional evening or weekend duties may be required. Minimal travel for activities such as out of town meetings is required.
The American College of Surgeons is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (312) 202-5000 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
The American College of Surgeons will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities