JOIN OUR ESTEEMED ASSOCIATION MANAGEMENT COMPANY IN SCHAUMBURG, ILLINOIS!
Since 1988, WJ Weiser has been recognized as the gold standard in association management with a reputation for unparalleled service. Weiser boasts a client retention rate that is among the highest in the nation and continues to add to our prestigious client base solely through client satisfaction referrals. As a trusted partner to over 50 leading national and international healthcare-related professional associations and academic institutions, Weiser is the ideal place to take your association management career to the next level.
The Associate Director of Clinical Research Services facilitates new projects and manages the ongoing initiatives and operations of the Society of Urologic Oncology-Clinical Trials Consortium (SUO-CTC). The SUO-CTC is a not for profit national alliance of leading academic and community based uro-oncologists committed to furthering urology research in the United States including pharmaceutical, diagnostic, and device trials. Additionally the organization is dedicated to advancing professional education and patient care. The principle areas of focus include:
- Facilitating research projects for participation by consortium members (30%)
- Clinical trial management within the member network and in conjunction with protocol sponsors (35%)
- Managing the activities of the Board of Directors and Organ Site Committees (15%)
- Contracting and budget management (15%)
- Overall day-to-day operations of the organization (5%)
- Direct, manage and provide overall strategic, operational and administrative support to the Board of Directors, Executive Committee, Organ Site Committees and client consortia members
- Solicit sponsor opportunities and receive sponsor inquiries for clinical research projects; facilitate project development and initiation and follow-up through completion.
- Develop budgets and implement contracts for SUO-CTC services
- Manage and maintain relationships with consortia trial sites
- Manage organizational operations and initiatives, including Board of Director meetings, organ site meetings, investigator meetings, and scientific program committees
- Implement association directives relating to clinical research projects, strategic plan, member database, member capabilities, and communications
- Facilitate on site/teleconference meetings amongst committees, members, industry partners
- Interface and coordinate activities with other internal staff support teams, including Meetings, Communications/Publications, Membership, and Accounting teams
- Minimum BA/BS in related field, graduate level degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in clinical care and/or research services required, preferably in urology or oncology
- Successful clinical research experience within the hospital, clinic, and/or pharmaceutical industry (medicine, nursing, health sciences, clinical research departments) including working knowledge of the clinical research spectrum from concept to data collection to results analysis and through the publication process
- Experience in budgeting, contracting, website content management, and managing cross function groups and member organizations preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, organizational, planning and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel, Power Point, MS Word and Outlook
- High degree of initiative, energy, and self-motivation with the capacity to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills and the proven ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent organizational skills, the ability to multi-task and the ability to manage deadlines
Don’t miss out on this fantastic career opportunity! For consideration, submit cover letter (must include salary requirements) and resume through our website.