Health Care Without Harm seeks to transform the health sector worldwide, without compromising patient safety or care, so that it becomes ecologically sustainable and a leading advocate for environmental health and justice. With offices on four continents and partners around the world, Health Care Without Harm is leveraging the health sector’s expertise, purchasing power, political clout, workforce development, and moral authority to create the conditions for healthy people, communities, and the environment.
Working closely with Health Care Without Harm, Practice Greenhealth, is the leading nonprofit membership and network organization for sustainable health care, delivering environmental solutions to more than 1,300 members throughout the United States.
Health Care Without Harm is seeking a Financial Reporting Manager. This newly created position will be assisting to enhance and maintain the organizations’ budgeting and financial reporting functions. Financial information will be managed with due care and diligence to produce consistent and accurate budget and grant reporting for internal and external users.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be finance and accounting literate, have excellent project management skills, and will have budget development and management experience.
- Have great attention to detail, interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate technical concepts to staff.
- Have experience in a similar position that sits as the liaison between operations/accounting, development and the program teams in terms of financial management and budgeting.
- Managing Internal Budgeting Process (45%)
- Coordinate the annual budgeting process with all programs and departments and compile and manage the consolidated budget including budget revisions and yearend projections.
- Coordinate and support monthly financial review and management within all departments.
- Understand and know the budget in order to analyze and develop reports to HCWH and PGH funders.
- Monitor appropriate use of funds related to the budget.
- Development Reporting and Collaboration (45%)
- Financial reporting – in collaboration with the Controller, generate financial grant reports for submission to donors.
- Be the liaison between the finance and development team. Work with the Development manager to ensure accuracy of data collection.
- Ensure grant proposal budgets and grant financial reports are submitted to funders timely and in coordination with the development team.
- Financial Administration (10%)
- Audit Preparation – Assist the finance team in providing financial information for grantors and annual audits.
- End of year duties – Assist finance team with end of year close out.