The Communications Associate helps to develop and implement communications strategies and tactics that align with organizational goals and objectives, including strengthening n4a’s brand and reputation. The successful candidate is a passionate communicator with solid web and social media expertise. Other attributes of the successful candidate are: strong writer, efficient time and project manager, organized and detail-oriented, creative and forward-thinking, a team player able to juggle multiple projects daily.
This position reports to the Director, Communications and is based in n4a’s Washington, DC office.
- Maintain n4a website, including content development, SEO and Google Analytics; provide recommendations to improve user experience and update technology; support efforts to maintain a robust association management system
- Publish weekly e-newsletter(s) and other electronic communications, including content development, production and metrics
- Assist in the management of n4a’s social media accounts and conference app, including planning, implementation and metrics
- Develop and implement marketing strategies for several major n4a programs.
- Manage webinar program, including staff training on latest technologies, development of robust editorial calendar and promotional efforts
- Provide multimedia technical support at n4a Annual Conference and other events
- Assist in the production of a variety of n4a collateral materials
- Serve as the organization’s photographer/videographer and organize associated content libraries
- In collaboration with the Communications Director, support the communications needs of n4a projects and programs
- Actively engage with n4a members to support membership development, policy advancement and grassroots outreach and other strategic plan goals
- Manage vendor relationships to facilitate an effective and efficient process for the completion of tasks and projects
The successful candidate will be able to travel up to 10 percent of the time, including up to 6 consecutive days at the n4a Annual Conference & Tradeshow every summer.
n4a is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
Submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements/history to email@example.com. Be sure to note the job title in the email subject line. The application closing date is April 7, 2017. We cannot respond to all applications and unsolicited phone calls or emails will not be returned.