The purpose of this job is to design, develop, and support web-based software solutions used by ACHE members, customers and co-workers.
This position is responsible for the design, development and support of web-based applications that enable ACHE business operations for members, customers and co-workers. This position utilizes contemporary software engineering tools and techniques – including but not limited to .NET and C# - to ensure that ACHE’s web-based applications meet quality standards in a manner that is both extensible and scalable.
New software development (60% of Time)
- Perform complex analysis, design, development, testing, documentation, debugging and maintenance of new web-based software
- Collaborate with business and technical stakeholders to capture and evaluate requirements, understand current business practices and system capabilities, determine operational objectives, consider alternatives, and establish solution approach and corresponding timelines.
- Deliver on projects in accordance with project plans including budget, timeline, deliverables and quality standards.
- Keep abreast of latest developments regarding effective procedures, methods, and tools in software development and testing.
Software development support (30% of Time)
- Debug existing applications to resolve issues affecting daily operations and improve operational efficiency.
- Identify risks that might impact the stability of the product and suggest solutions for future builds / service packs based on experience and cases that have been resolved.
- Recommend and implement improvements/conversion of existing legacy applications and business processes.
- Provide support as a backup resource for a variety of positions within the Management Information Systems division as required including technical support, help desk and network administration.
Other Duties, as assigned (10% of time)