The Human Resource Director is accountable for leading operations, HR business partners, and talent acquisition, including: implementing HR operational strategies; proactively engaging in employee relations issues, overseeing candidate selection activities; managing programs, policies and procedures in support of our business culture; and supporting HR and business project initiatives.
Lead HR Business Partners:
- Build knowledge of the organization, processes, and customers in an effort to better help client groups meet their business needs.
- Ensure proper implementation and execution of HR programs and initiatives.
- Ensure USRA procedures and practices are consistently and appropriately administered across programs and facilities.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, State, local regulations as well as internal policies, and procedures.
- Provide continuous support to all employees in the organization to improve morale, solve personnel issues, and provide guidance.
- Provide guidance to management in areas that will improve their overall supervisory skillset and provide advice in employee counseling.
- Investigate and resolve workplace issues in accordance with USRA policy and consistent with applicable employment law.
- Manage compensation programs for programs/facilities. Advise managers on hire, promotion and pay adjustment proposals.
Lead HR Operations:
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Perform as Functional Lead for HR Integrated Program Team members. Partner with Finance and Contracts Functional Leads.
- Recommend new approaches to HR programs that are effective and consistent with organization objectives and industry trends.
- Participate in and implement business process mapping and reengineering efforts for process improvement.
- Facilitate implementation of appropriate change management initiatives associated with organizational transition activities.
- Support the goal of establishing the human capital of the organization as a critical component in accomplishing business goals.
Lead Talent Acquisition:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive organization-wide talent acquisition strategy to meet USRA’s staff recruitment needs and standards to support the organization in being known as an ideal place to work and grow.
- Work with HR business partners and hiring managers to create new and review existing job descriptions. This includes the process of determining the appropriate level of the position according to USRA criteria and analyzing each position in depth.
- Work with Sr. Technical Recruiter to create and implement comprehensive sourcing plans for open requisitions, including posting on external job boards, generating staff referrals, finding passive candidates, and executing other creative strategies to promote healthy, diverse talent pools.
- Track and cultivate a long-term talent pipeline for future openings within the organization.
- Create and maintain partnerships with other organizations to share innovative recruitment strategies and source for talent.
- Track all metrics and progress toward goals for the talent acquisition functional area.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Human Resources or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of diverse Human Resource Management experience in a progressive and results-oriented environment, with at least 5 years in a supervisory role. Government contracting + nonprofit experience a plus.
- SPHR or SHRM-SCP certification desired.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of local, state and federal laws regarding employment and wage and hour requirements.
- Demonstrated functional knowledge of multiple HR competencies including Talent Acquisition, Employee Relations, Performance Management, EEO/AA, Organizational Development, Leadership Development and Employee Education.
- Demonstrated experience with computer technologies and have the ability to learn new systems quickly and create improved efficiency.
- Proven ability to resolve complex problems by leveraging business/HR knowledge and client relationships.
- Strong strategic mindset with the ability to logically organize thinking on issues, develop thorough execution plans and drive process to successful implementation.
- Effective oral and written communications and excellent presentation skills.
- Strong ability to integrate within the culture of the organization through partnering with leaders throughout a variety of business units and disciplines.
- Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure own behavior is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of USRA.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to balance conflicting points of view, function effectively under pressure and demonstrate discretion, integrity and fair-mindedness.
- Able to establish a high level of trust and credibility in the organization adept at influencing the thinking and best practices of each functional manager.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and its applications.
- Proficiency in HRIS systems (ADP Workforce Now a plus).
Applicants should apply to the posting at https://usracareers.silkroad.com/ and include a letter of interest, resume, or curriculum vita. Review of candidates will begin immediately. Additional information on USRA can be found at www.usra.edu.
USRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity