The Portland Cement Association (PCA), founded in 1916, is the premier policy, research, education and market intelligence organization serving America’s cement manufacturers. PCA members represent 92 percent of U.S. cement production capacity and have facilities in all 50 states. The Association promotes safety, sustainability, and innovation in all aspects of construction, fosters continuous improvement in cement manufacturing and distribution, and generally promotes economic growth and sound infrastructure investment. For more information, visit www.cement.org.
In accordance with the plans, policies, and directives of the Board of Directors and CEO, the VP, Finance directs and guides the activities related to Finance, Accounting and Investments, and closely collaborates with all departments, association functions and stakeholders in order to achieve and exceed the mission and strategic objectives of the Portland Cement Association. The incumbent ensures the delivery of financial analysis, manages resources and internal controls, makes recommendations, projections and sets strategy regarding cash management, capital and budgetary planning to the Board of Directors and to the senior management team in the best interests of the Association and its membership.
- Serve as a member of the senior leadership team in a strategic leadership role for the Association, exercising responsibility for the overall direction, coordination, and execution of all finance and accounting programs. In addition, function as a financial advisor for CTL, a wholly-owned, for-profit subsidiary and as the Treasurer for PCA.
- Interface with Board of Directors and Board Committees to provide presentations and information, statistics, data, and analyses regarding financial performance, including budget performance, of the Association. Interact with the Audit Committee and facilitate semi-annual meetings.
- Coordinate the annual audit process ensuring that all information is provided to the auditors on time and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Oversee and direct the financial management of PCA and other PCA-affiliated associations including banking, budgeting, investment management, financial statement preparation and audit, and tax filings. This includes:
- Coordination of treasury functions
- Management of investment committees
- Compilation and issuance of internal financial statements
- Compilation and coordination of audited financial statements
- Oversee and direct all activities and duties for the following functional areas:
- Accounting services including but not limited to management of accounting processes, payroll, and financial systems for PCA, regional affiliates and the PCA Education Foundation.
- Risk management and insurance programs including administration of the liability insurance program and workers’ compensation.
- Oversee development, communication, and implementation of financial and accounting standards in accordance with regulatory standards and Board strategy.
- Manage the administration of defined benefit, defined contribution, retirement and pension plan assets
- Document legal oversight/review and contract approval for PCA and Educational Foundation. Liaise with outside counsel on specific legal matters.Select, manage, develop, and evaluate staff to ensure the efficient operation of department. Guide and direct the performance and professional development of the department staff.
- Prepare, monitor, and assure departmental adherence to budgets, expenditure guidelines, and non-dues revenue goals. Balance cost containment, with member satisfaction a high priority.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations governing Association activities, including antitrust activities. Keep informed regarding national economic, political, and governmental matters and advise staff on factors of importance to Association operations.
- Create a high performing organization through a culture of collaboration, positive work environment, autonomy and accountability, professional development, and operational excellence.