SmithBucklin, a 100 percent employee-owned association management company, is looking for a Member Programs & Grants Manager to join the Business + Trade team in our Washington D.C. office. Reporting to the Executive Director of the American Evaluation Association (AEA), the AEA Member Programs & Grants Manager will manage membership programs, secure grants for new initiatives and implement a data-driven approach to assessing and refining member programs and services. The selected candidate will oversee AEA committees and support other AEA activities and initiatives.
What You Will Do
- Manage day to day aspects of current and future member programs, projects and initiatives
- Propose, develop and execute new member programs, work plans, timelines and high quality project deliverables
- Ensure program offerings and outcomes are assessed using appropriate program evaluation methods
- Provide lead staff support to AEA committees
- Participate in planning, content development and management of AEA annual meetings and conferences
- Identify new grant opportunities and manage application process
- Ensure compliance with grant requirements and standards, and maintain budget oversight
- Prepare and deliver presentations at AEA and other industry organization meetings and conferences
- Write articles and regular relevant updates for AEA publications, web/social media and other industry publications
This Role Requires…
- A strong understanding of project management practices, membership program design and evaluation methods
- Proficiency in Windows operating system and Microsoft Office programs especially Excel and associated dashboarding techniques
- Strong data collection, analysis, data visualization and dashboarding skills
- Strong interpersonal and consensus building skills and focus on customer service
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good public speaking & presentation skills
- Effective time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- The ability to travel approximately 10%
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college/university
- 5+ years of experience in managing volunteer committees and association projects
- 3+ years of budget management experience
- 2+ years of experience in program monitoring and evaluation
- 2+ years of experience with quantitative and qualitative data collection and program evaluation methods
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people – regardless of position or compensation – an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great, enduring company.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At SmithBucklin Corporation, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.