The New Mexico Society of CPAs (NMSCPA), based in Albuquerque, New Mexico is seeking a President and CEO. NMSCPA is a statewide professional association comprised of CPAs in public accounting, business and industry, government, education, and the nonprofit sector. The President leads and contributes to the mission, goals, strategies, and activities of the board of directors. The President implements these goals and strategies by creating and enhancing programs and establishing priorities and budgets. Salary and compensation package is commensurate with experience. A JOB DESCRIPTION is attached. Applications and nominations should be submitted by April 21, 2017 to:
Presidential Search Committee
New Mexico Society of CPAs
c/o Marissa Chavez
3400 Menaul Blvd. N.E.
Albuquerque, NM 87107
TITLE: President and CEO
REPORTS TO: Executive Committee/Board of Directors
NUMBER SUPERVISED: Three-Five Fulltime Employees and Two-Three Contract Employees
DATE: February 2017
The New Mexico Society of CPAs is a statewide association uniting professionals who provide their time, talents and resources towards strengthening and enhancing the CPA profession in New Mexico.
FUNCTION OF PRESIDENT & CEO
Lead and contribute to mission, goals, strategies, and activities of the board of directors. Implement these by creating and enhancing programs and establishing budgets and priorities. Recruit members and volunteers. Lead staff, volunteers, and external parties to support the mission. Serve as spokesperson, leader, and ambassador for the state’s CPA profession. Collaborate with board of directors to determine Society’s strategic direction, policies, goals, and organizational design. Ensure future viability of the Society as a whole. Is ultimately responsible for all areas of the Society.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensure compliance with the bylaws and policies and procedures.
2. Support the mission and align and conduct all activities with the mission.
3. Carry out the policies and strategic directives of the executive committee and board of directors.
4. Participate with and advise the executive committee and the board of directors in the execution of their responsibilities.
5. Develop personnel policies and lead, develop, hire, and terminate staff.
6. Oversee all volunteer and staff activities.
7. Responsible for the preparation of financial statements, budgets, and completion of an annual, independent outside audit.
8. Determine and achieve the revenue and expense objectives in the annual budget.
9. Initiate legislative activities that are consistent with the mission and supervise and collaborate with the organization’s contract lobbyist.
10. Keep the executive committee, board of directors, staff, members, and others informed of current issues, trends, and events affecting the Society, its members, and the profession. Take appropriate action as required.
11. Maintain an excellent working relationship with the New Mexico Public Accountancy Board. Attend Board meetings as needed and communicate to the Board the Society’s position on issues before the Board.
12. Maintain an excellent working relationship with national and state organizations and agencies such as the AICPA, CPA/SEA, NASBA, New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department, Office of the State Auditor, state universities, and other outside partners and organizations that influence the CPA profession.
13. Manage the facility owned by the Society and maintain excellent relations with the Society’s tenant(s).
14. Initiate and assure continued progress with technology.
15. Promote the Society and its programs and objectives to members, outside partners, and the general public. This includes public speaking on behalf of the Society as needed and appropriate and attending and participating with other organizations that may form partnerships with the Society as needed and appropriate.
16. Enhance the image and brand of the CPA profession.
17. Oversee the Society’s Foundation, Educational Fund, and PAC to the same extent as the Society.
18. Serve as a visionary change agent to build a stronger Society.
19. Carry out other such general responsibilities as may be delegated by the executive committee/board of directors.