Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all Conference logistics, including meeting specifications, food and beverage, audio visual requirements, arranging for room blocks, off-site functions, receptions and layout of specialized areas and exhibits.
- Handle exhibitor relations and space assignment and coordinating sponsorships.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Conference Program Committees and coordinate regularly with committee chairs.
- Manage online portal for speaker proposal submission and coordinate review and acceptance of speaker abstracts.
- Manage speaker acceptance and rejection, contract negotiations, and collection of materials.
- Coordinate scheduling of all activities during the Conference, including committee meetings, networking sessions, off-site tours, etc.
- Consult with Education Coordinators regarding continuing education requirements for education portions of the Conference.
- Create registration brochures, programs, completion certificates, ads, and all mailings and other marketing pieces related to conference.
- Coordinate staff processing of registration materials, organizing packet assembly, and reporting music licensing fee information.
- Develop and adhere to Conference budget in concert with Executive Directors and planning committee.
- Send post-conference thank you notes to hotel, speakers, destination management companies, planning committee members, etc.
- Prepare post-conference evaluations and disseminate to planning committee.
- Research sites for the upcoming Annual Conference locales. Includes contract review and negotiation, summary of proposals for board decision, and facilitating contract signing.
- Oversee Board of Directors meeting planning, coordinating meeting specifications, room blocks, food and beverage, off-site functions, receptions, and meeting space.
- Coordinate all hotel reservations for staff, Board of Directors, VIP’s and speakers.
- Work in a team atmosphere, cooperate with other staff members, and complete paperwork in a timely manner.
- Follow planning timeline and work in concert with the Executive Directors and Conference Program Committee chairs.
Knowledge of and experience with all facets of association management including, but not limited to:
- Organize effectively and maintain detailed records of procedures and actions.
- Plan and effectively present ideas and concepts to groups.
- Assimilate information from a variety of sources and recommend actions to be taken.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with multiple people.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Proficient with all programs in Microsoft Office Suite.