AABB is an international, not-for-profit association representing individuals and institutions
involved in the fields of transfusion medicine and cellular therapies. The association is committed
to improving health through the development and delivery of standards, accreditation and
educational programs that focus on optimizing patient and donor care and safety. AABB
membership includes physicians, nurses, scientists, researchers, administrators, medical
technologists and other health care providers. AABB members are located in more than 80
countries and AABB accredits institutions in over 50 countries.
AABB is looking for an Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to General Counsel, Chief Financial Officer (CFO), and National Blood Foundation (NBF) Manager. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for ensuring that the administrative workflow of supervisors (General Counsel, CFO and NBF Manager) is completed in an organized and timely manner.
- Provide general support to General Counsel, CFO and NBF Manager including drafting routine correspondence and memos; screening mail and telephone calls as requested; maintaining calendars; electronic and hard copy filing; setting up committee meetings and conference calls, preparing materials and agendas; maintaining, coordinating and implementing specific departmental activities and projects as needed.
- Prioritize and track workflow of supervisors.
- Process and track payment of vendor bills. Forward to Accounting department for payment.
- Support supervisors in their staff liaison roles and act as staff liaison for committee(s) as requested.
- Manage off-site document storage vendor contracts, invoices, processes and procedures.
Legal Department Support:
- Draft routine cease and desist letters to protect organization’s intellectual property, track and follow-up with repsonses.
- Perform internet research (e.g., state and federal laws and regulations).
- Assist with risk management activities, including twice-yearly reporting and commercial insurance renewal and claims administration.
- Assist with contract management policy compliance, including quarterly internal audit.
- Assist with HIPAA compliance, including annual internal audit.
- Prepares expense reports.
- Process and mail monthly donor appreciation letters.
- Corporate donation appeals tracking and follow up.
- Gift entry into database.
- Develop and submit charitable grant applications.
- Special event support assistance and registration processing.
- Early-Career Scientific Research Grants Program review cycle support and assistance: data compilation, reporting, recipient progress report tracking and follow up.
- Update grants managers list for program marketing.
- Board and committee meeting scheduling, assistance in developing meeting materials, and record meeting summaries.
- Track and record Scholar eligibility and follow up on necessary documents.
- Research and determine Hall of Fame eligible candidates per established criteria.
- Develop web content updates.
- Provides support for finance committee including calendar notifications, meeting agenda preparation, meeting set up and transcribing actions from meeting.
- Provides support for audit and ethics committee including calendar notifications, meeting agenda preparation, meeting set up and transcribing actions from meeting.
- Assists with preparation of materials for meetings and providing to committees.
- Develops schedule for CFO at Annual Meeting.
- Prepares CFO expense reports.