Duties & Responsibilities
- Engagement: Interfaces with various parties of the organization to capture expectations, identify opportunities and strengthen relationships. Captures and generates ideas for creating and implementing impactful marketing campaigns.
- Leadership: The AVP of Marketing Engagement is at the center of the customer engagement team, providing leadership in ensuring the team knows and meets expectations from other departments/key audiences. Meanwhile works closely with the rest of the marketing team in building a sustainable creative environment.
- Collaboration: Collaborates with the VP Marketing/ Creative Director, and other marketing staff, to develop superior marketing initiatives that keep the organization successfully engaged with its members and proactively ahead of its competitors.
- Liaison: Acts as a marketing liaison to internal departments, spotting opportunities for interlacing marketing objectives between departments, gathering requirements, managing timelines and expectations.
- Marketing Operations: Leads and directs marketing operations to align with the organization’s marketing plan. Successfully develops and delivers effective marketing that adheres to organizational standards and principles.
- Creativity & Strategy: Proactively seeks new opportunities to fulfill the strategic plans and goals of the enterprise/department. Infuses creative ideas and strategies into planning and brainstorming sessions.
Marketing Plans: Develops and implements marketing strategies and marketing plans that are connected to the overall strategic plan of the client for both long term (annual) and an individual project basis.
Story Telling: Presents and crafts innovative ideas and strategies in simple and engaging ways.
- Placing Ads: Manages and directs advertising and promotional needs which includes placing all print and electronic ads.
- Mobile App: Manages the My ICBA mobile app program.
- Analytics: Utilizes approved marketing measurement tools to provide reliable analytics and effectiveness reports to identify trends to help the organization better deliver materials to promote and market association services and programs.
- Writing: Writes and edits copy for marketing material, communications and websites. Writes creative briefs and marketing plans. Articulates project requirements and expectations.
- Projects: Takes on marketing projects from various departments, develops marketing plans, creates or delegates content development, and sees the project through to delivery.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing or Business Administration.
- 3+ years of personnel management experience.
- 8+ years of marketing experience.
- 1+ years of social media program management experience.
- Occasional travel as requested.
- Experience in association and/or financial services industry helpful but not required
- Advertisement/marketing agency experiences a huge plus.
Essential Soft Skills:
- Creative, highly motivate, articulate and timely communicator.
- Passionate for brand, marketing, communications and design.
- Demonstrated talent for abstract thinking, spotting trends and patterns, has an innate curiosity, an instinct for popular culture, and a nuanced understanding of creative work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Effectively works as a member of the marketing team while providing positive leadership and support to the organization.
- Working knowledge of survey methodology, analytics and trend analysis.
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Expertise in emerging media and technology.
- Familiarity with marketing automation systems and measurement tools.
- Superior writing, editing, organizational and communication skills required.
- Knowledge of the print/publication process from design through delivery.
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft Office suite; especially Word, Outlook & PowerPoint.
Target base salary range for this position is $80K to $100K. ICBA offers an exceptional benefits package, including:
- Health (PPO) and dental plans (PPO)
- Prescription and vision plans
- Life insurance, AD&D insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Flexible work arrangements
- Education reimbursement
- Paid holidays
- Personal & sick leave
- Vacation leave
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Flexible spending accounts for uninsured medical and dependent care expenses
- Commuting reimbursement plan (Washington, D.C. office)