| American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) is seeking a qualified person to be its new Director of Education. This person will plan, direct, and implement AANP’s continuing education and grant initiatives under the general direction of the Vice President of Education and Accreditation. |
- Oversee and provide direct supervision of staff to ensure projects are completed on time, within budget, and in accordance with established procedures
- Keep abreast of broad clinical/therapeutic areas, emerging clinical developments, and current evidence-based guidelines
- Recommend, prioritize, and assign education activities
- Identify and evaluate potential corporate, foundation, and government funding prospects
- Compile, write, and/or edit designated grant applications
- Administer assigned grants, ensuring timely and appropriate completion and reconciliation
- Plan, develop, implement, and evaluate educational activities and materials
- Develop, track, and oversee project budgets
- Collaborate with education partners on potential grant proposals and education projects
- Maintain familiarity with AANP CE-related standards, as well as relevant recommendations from external organizations such as ACCME, OIG, FDA, and PhRMA
- Serve as educational liaison to the Conference Department for review and approval of conference programs
- Assist with the review and approval of AANP Conference speaker submissions
- Assist VP of Education and Accreditation with strategic direction related to education and grant activities.
This position is based in Austin, TX at Loop 1 and Bee Cave Road
About AANP Education: AANP is the largest and only full-service professional membership organization in the United States for nurse practitioners (NPs) of all specialties, with more than 74,000 individual members. AANP is unique among NP organizations by its number of members, well established education department, and network of relationships with state?level NP groups. With a network of more than 200 NP Organization members, including other national, state, and local NP organizations, it provides a unique reach to NPs in a wide range of communities and settings.
AANP is a continuing education (CE) accrediting body. As such, AANP CE is not affiliated with or accredited by any other organization. Our accreditation standards are consistent with the philosophy of the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support. All activities accredited by AANP are planned in accordance with AANP Accreditation Standards and Policies requiring activities to be fair and balanced (unbiased) and free from commercial influence.