| Job Announcement SEAC Executive Administrator March 14, 2017 |
The Structural Engineers Association of Colorado (SEAC) is a non-profit organization created to advance the practice of structural engineering in Colorado. SEAC has approximately 360 active members. Members include licensed engineers practicing structural engineering, engineering interns working towards licensing, students interesting in structural engineering and affiliated non-licensed individuals with an interest in structural engineering in Colorado. SEAC is a member organization of the National Council of Structural Engineering Associations (NCSEA).
We have an immediate opening for our Executive Administrator. The Executive Administrator is a vital part of the SEAC as this position has the responsibility to run the day-to-day activities of the organization. This position reports to the President of the 7-member Board of Directors.
Skills • Ability to work collaboratively with the Board, committee chairs, and members - Required • Proficiency in computers and software (Word, Excel, etc.) necessary to support operations - Required • Experience using WordPress – Desired • Experience as an Administrator for a professional organization – Desired • Knowledge of the structural engineering profession – Desired
Required Job Duties 1. Promptly respond to members and Board emails and phone calls.
2. New Members: a. Send out invitation e-mail to new members (access to e-mail, coupon for partial year membership, etc.)
3. Send CEU certificates to members when requested
4. Assist Committee Chairs (requests from Committee Chairs will be filtered thru the Board liaison for the committee before requests are made of the Executive Administrator.)
5. Send e-mails to the membership reminding them of upcoming events and for special announcements (when requested by a Board member)
6. Meeting Venues: be the liaison with meeting venues - Request contracts and forward to President for signature. - Coordinate scheduling - Coordinate special meeting requirements (larger room for joint meeting with CAGE, special room setup and special AV needs) o Meetings include: - General meetings - Fall seminar - Annual meeting (located and arranged thru a 3rd party) - (Committees responsible for their own venues)
7. Create and send out ballots including election of officers and changes to the By-laws. Receive ballot results and distribute to Secretary and 2nd Board member.
8. Dues: • Send e-mail to members informing them about membership renewal and deadlines. • Verify payments of membership dues, fall seminar and annual meeting payment. • Contact members that are in arrears. • Confirm people paying for dues are members and they are renewing at the correct category.
9. Employment Advertisements & Sponsors • Answer questions related to advertisement costs and formatting from customers and sponsors • Place the advertisement/sponsor notice in the newsletter and on the website. Keep track of the duration purchased and remove the material after that time has expired.
10. Website a. Operate the website back-end (Wordpress). This shall be reviewed and acted upon weekly. b. Communicate website issues with website developer and work together to resolve them c. Update the materials and pages on the website when requested. d. Employment ads / sponsor info (see above) e. Post publications to website for download f. Post newsletters and approved minutes of Board of Directors meetings g. Archive SEAC records h. Post General Meeting and Fall Seminar presentations when requested i. Keep the Event Calendar up to date j. Assist members with the following: - Issues paying dues - Issues registering for an event - Issues accessing the website & using the website k. Assist Committee Chairs with the Committee Chair portion of the website l. Manage/report information from the database: - Update existing members in database when their status changes (student to affiliate, etc.) - Dues - Attendance Records: • General Meetings & Fall Seminar • Northern Colorado committee events - Send list of members who paid Building Management Committee (BMC) dues to BMC chair at end of January of each year. - Remove members that are duplicates, members that are not active, etc.
11. Train SEAC Admin back-up
12. NCSEA: Assist our delegate in submitting SEAC’s annual report (complete the paperwork with the final number of Professional/Life members, prepare an Excel database of the member information that number is based upon using the format stipulated by NCSEA, for the national dues and forward the package to NCSEA.)
13. Keep the Outlook e-mail list up to date.
14. Create and distribute Newsletters
15. Create and distribute Flyers announcing the Annual Meeting and Fall Seminar
16. Create and print for meetings: • List of attendees • Name tags • CEU certificates • Presentation Materials
17. Meet with the President prior to each Board meeting and at other times when requested. Provide verbal report to Board at each Board meeting.
Treasurer Assistance 1. Assist with Treasurer duties: • Receive and deposit checks and cash into SEAC’s account • Monitor account balances and notify Treasurer if balance is low or seems questionable. • Review statements on Chase Bank, Square, & PayPal • Maintain QuickBooks record • Provide written report to Treasurer once a Quarter. • Receive expense reports from members. Pay expense once approved by the Treasurer.
Desired (but lower priority) Duties A. NCSEA: • Participate with NCSEA Executive Director group • Register new members with NCSEA who join mid-year B. Compile PowerPoint presentation to show before meetings (sponsor slides, upcoming events, etc.) and occasionally create slides for a meeting. C. Perform tasks at the Board’s request. Not all requests can be foreseen and the Executive Administrator is asked to make themselves reasonably available to assist the Board when requested. Compensation will be increased when these requests are made. D. E-mail WebEx invitation to members outside the metro area.
Estimate Time The hours for this position vary throughout the year. During January and February when membership renewals are in progress the position is estimated to require approximately 20 hours per week. The balance of the year will require substantially less time.
Compensation This position will be as a contract employee. No benefits are included. The compensation will be approximately $20/hour with an estimated total compensation between $15,000 and $20,000. Alternate compensation arrangements can be discussed.
Contact If interested please e-mail your qualifications including a cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com. Write “SEAC Executive Administrator position” in the Subject line.