| The Inventory Data Specialist will provide support to the Operations department by entering data into designated databases such as the Primarius food bank management system (an inventory management application) and other programs as assigned. The employee in this role will be required to ensure the integrity of all information entered, assist in performing physical inventories, and generate requested reports as needed. |
You will uphold our mission: Fighting Hunger, Feeding Hope.
1. Enters receipts and distribution of donated, purchased, and USDA product information into the Primarius food bank management system on a daily basis to provide real-time inventory reports.
2. Generates warehouse receiving reports.
3. Performs inventory reconciliation and recommend adjustments for Director of Operations’ approval.
4. Generates inventory system reports including those required by periodic audits.
5. Assists in performing physical inventories, creating inventory documentation and entering physical inventory data into the inventory database.
6. Generates and mail donor receipts for all product donations.
7. Assists in training staff in the use of the Primarius food bank management system.
8. Performs various administrative functions related to filing, typing, preparing reports, and answering inquiries to support the Director of Operations.
9. Develops and maintains effective working relationships with staff members in a team environment
10. Deals tactfully and respectfully with volunteers, agencies, community organizations, co-workers, donors, and potential donors.
11. Communicates effectively and respectfully with people from different racial, ethnic and cultural groups, and from different backgrounds and lifestyles; demonstrates a knowledge of and sensitivity to their needs.
12. May be required to travel on occasion for training purposes and conferences.
13. Assists in overseeing the agency partners’ market area in the food bank’s warehouse.
14. Supports the Transportation Coordinator in day-to-day route management.
15. Provides to the Director of Finance periodic reports that reconcile the processing and value of inventory with QuickBooks financial management software.
16. Routinely evaluates the inventory computer system to ensure data accuracy and system integrity.
17. All other duties as assigned; the above responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work to be performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop; kneel, crouch, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust and focus.
The work environment described here is representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.