The Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA) seeks a creative, flexible, and entrepreneurial full-time Senior Education Manager. ADAA is a non-profit membership organization that provides continuing education and networking opportunities to professionals working in the fields of anxiety, depression, and related disorders. This position is ideal for a candidate with five+ years of non-profit or association management experience interested in enhancing ADAA’s educational programming and developing new learning and education initiatives for professionals involved in mental health. The candidate must have a successful track record of engaging and managing special member interest committees and working groups. The candidate must have experience managing, implementing, and growing education programs.
The candidate will work closely with the directors of membership, communications, and conference. The position also works closely with individual members of ADAA’s Board of Directors to develop educational content for the conference in support of the annual Award winners. The position reports to the Executive Director.
- Think creatively and strategically to enhance current professional education webinar programming.
- Create, manage, and grow ADAA’s professional education programs.
- Participate on monthly education conference committee calls to help improve alignment of education webinar content with the annual April conference programming.
- Initiate, develop, and negotiate new partnership agreements to enhance ADAA’s educational programming and professional education webinar registration.
- Manage all CE-related webinar and conference activities, including CE applications.
- Explore new CE opportunities for all educational programming.
- Collaborate with the ADAA-Board Award’s Liaison to create educational content for the annual ADAA awards program at the conference.
- Provide support to ADAA committees tasked with the development, implementation, and oversight of professional education opportunities.
- Serve as host/organizer to all professional education webinars and online peer consultation sessions.
- Manage registration and provide technical support for those who are enrolled in the webinars.
- Maintain data and records necessary to administer the programs.
Nurture, Manage, and Increase the Engagement of ADAA’s Special Interest Groups
- Engage more members to actively participate on committees, such as the professional education committee and the special interest groups (SIGS) such as the Child & Adolescent Anxiety, Early Career Professionals & Students, Genetics & Neuroscience, Multicultural Advance, OCD & Related Disorders, PTSD, Selective Mutism, Social Anxiety).
- Develop new SIGS.
- Establish structure and organization for each of the SIGs.
- Mobilize the SIGs to engage with ADAA on webinars, conference content, blogs, and other education content.
- Facilitate communication between the SIGs and the Board of Directors.
- Manage and administer all SIG related events at the annual conference.
- Manage and administer all aspects of ADDA’s annual Awards Programs
- Work with SIGs and others to grow the number of applicants for the annual Awards Programs
- Work with the Director of Communications and Marketing to promote the annual awards.
- Help the Executive Director initiate, design, and manage new revenue enhancing programs.
- Help the Board Chair with new special interest projects.
Full-time in ADAA’s Office; travel to annual conference (2018 Conference will be held in DC; 2019 Conference will be held in Chicago). Occasional work on weekends.
Silver Spring MD (Walking distance to Silver Spring Metro)
Send a cover letter and resume to Susan Gurley at email@example.com by Wednesday, April 5, 2017. Interviews will start the week of April 10, 2017. Cover letter must include salary requirements, 3 professional references, and address the specific skills mentioned in the position. ADAA does not pay relocation costs.