The National Alcohol Beverage Control Association, located in Alexandria, VA, was founded in 1938 and is the national trade association representing the jurisdictions that control the distribution and sale of beverage alcohol within their borders. The mission of the National Alcohol Beverage Control Association (NABCA) is to support member jurisdictions in their efforts to protect public health and safety and ensure responsible and efficient systems for beverage alcohol distribution and sales. NABCA is an established non-profit, offering an excellent employee benefits package and competitive salaries.
NABCA has an immediate vacancy for a Membership Database Associate. This position will oversee and ensure the accuracy and integrity of the organizations’ integrated membership database, MemberMax (MMAX). The Membership Database Associate will oversee database updates, troubleshoot and resolve database issues with the software developer, generate Board, Committee and other database reports, coordinate training for staff, etc.
- Serves as Administrator for MemberMax (MMAX), an integrated database with membership, subscription and meetings modules. Serves as the primary liaison between the organization and the software vendor. Oversees database projects and tasks and submits regular project reports. Schedules database project meetings as requested.
- Troubleshoots and resolves database problems in a timely fashion. Provides technical support for the database and actively follows up with NABCA staff and the software developer regarding the status of outstanding projects and tasks.
- Updates the database to ensure that all membership changes (contact information, membership types, names, etc.) are quickly completed. Creates new member and vendor records, distributes e-mail alerts to staff, merges records, develops and maintains accurate list serves, researches and removes duplicate records, etc. Creates a system to track bounced membership emails (weekly), returned mail, zip code/address changes, etc.
- Uses system tools to oversee database quality control efforts. Conducts extensive testing (through to completion) of new, proposed and problematic functions, routines, and transactions. Reviews transactions processed by staff responsible for entering membership data for accuracy and completeness. Trains staff on key membership data functions.
- Distributes updated Board, Committee and membership reports from the database on an ongoing basis. Develops, tests and monitors database list serves on an ongoing basis. Resolves list serve issues in a timely fashion with the software developer. Monitors Outlook-based Board and Committee list serves to ensure that they are accurate and functioning properly.
- Works collaboratively with the software vendor to develop plans for membership database upgrades, and enhancements, as requested. Works with the software vendor to maintains meaningful documentation.
- Oversees vendors responsible for publishing the annual membership Contacts Directory. Makes recommendations for process improvements as well as for ways to move the directory to an accessible electronic format.
- Works with the software developer to develop and complete new database reports in a timely fashion.
- Compiles and updates database documentation for staff. Plans and organizes training sessions for staff as requested. Schedules virtual training sessions with the software consultant.
- Performs special projects and tasks as assigned.