Date: April 11, 2017
Position Title: Specialist, Governance and Administration
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
The American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) is a medical professional society of over 4,300 members with 32 staff and a $6.1M annual operating budget. It is an energetic, fast-paced organization with multi-faceted opportunities in the area of addiction medicine.
This position will provide administrative and program support to the Executive Vice President/CEO and the Chief Operating Officer related to the governance function of the society, participate in membership support and be involved with special projects.
- Works with senior staff to plan four Board Meetings and eight Executive Council Conference Calls each year
- Prepares agendas and minutes and tracks action items
- Keeps accurate and complete records of governance documents
- Assists with the administration of the biennial election of officers and board members
- Manages the ongoing tracking of all Committee appointments
- Provides staff administrative support to various Committees
- Notifies award recipients
- Tracks travel and hotel info for recipients
- Orders awards
- Assist in the development of script and slide presentation for awards ceremony
- Maintains calendar/schedule of Presidential travel.
- Coordinates with staff to develop briefing materials, talking points, slides and other materials to support President.
- Makes travel arrangements
- Drafts correspondence with input from EVP/CEO and COO
- Schedules appointments and conference calls for EVP/CEO and others
- Performs general office administrative tasks, including data entry
- Provides “front line” telephone support
- Other duties as assigned
- Some travel required
Works closely with:
- EVP/CEO, COO, Board, Staff and Committee/Council Chairs.
Education and Experience:
- Two years of administrative experience in an office environment
- Association experience preferred but not required
- College degree preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent written, organizational, communication and customer service skills are required
- Experience with AMS system desired (MemberSuite a plus)
- Able to efficiently handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively, efficiently, and professionally with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
Recruiting Salary Range: $40,000 to $ 43,000 (with a robust benefits package)
Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the position and how your skills match the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASAM provides equal opportunity to all staff. No person shall be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, physical handicaps, marital status, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or any other category that is protected by federal law or the laws of the Maryland.
ASAM is proud to be honored with the Sloan Award for Excellence in Workplace Effectiveness and Flexibility for its use of flexibility and other aspects of workplace effectiveness as a workplace strategy to increase business and employee success. ASAM was one of eight organizations and the only association to be recognized in the state of Maryland.
ASAM Staff Values: As an organization, our work has national and generational impact. We are an energetic, scrappy, and resilient team who are passionately dedicated to providing hope and redemption in the addiction field. Our safe, positive and professional work environment allows us to celebrate both our successes and shortcomings. We help and support each other as a family of compassionate individuals. We work with pride and an insatiable hunger to change the addiction field and to leave our mark.