The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for effective administration and management of the Key West Association of REALTORS® (KWAR). The CEO positions the association based on envisioned real estate industry needs and member and customer needs, with added focus on developing visionary skills. The CEO recommends and participates in formulating the KWAR mission, goals, objectives and related policies.
Governance of Association Structures and Organizational Operations
- Executes policies and procedures to implement organizational vision as directed by the Board.
- Develops and implements programs and events that are in line with the strategic vision of the organization.
- Serves the decision-making authority for all operational procedures. Ensures that the KWAR are operated in accordance with published policies and
- Ensures that governing documents and policies are flexible enough to allow the organizations to creatively respond to changing market conditions.
- Ensures strong financial position and revenue sources to operate the organizations at optimum and future levels with suitable funding available to act quickly on opportunities, threats, and new initiatives.
- Works with the Board of Directors to develop annual comprehensive budgets for the organization based on strategic outcomes and to provide overall financial viability.
- Oversee the hiring, development, and supervision of staff.
- Ensures that leadership-oriented professional development opportunities that enhance leadership skills and knowledge of industry issues and trends are funded by the organizations for all staff levels.
- Is responsible for all administration and management of the organizations with a focus on developing visionary skills; develops staff positions based on envisioned real estate industry needs; can act as a spokesperson with added focus on community and real estate industry issues.
- Ensures that policies, programs and activities are properly communicated to the members through mailings, newsletters, online communication, meetings and events.
- Develops and maintains a sophisticated new-member recruitment and retention program with targeted orientation methods. Actively creates outreach to specific targeted real estate groups, potential allied industries, and culturally and ethnically diverse groups.
- Works with the Board of Directors, communications staff and the media to promote the KWAR.
- Develops, offers, and promotes access to required and optional education programs based on analysis of current needs and future trends.
- Develops and offers innovative marketing and technology tools, and other services based on analysis of current and future trends.
- Identifies and implements new strategic initiatives based on member/customer needs and ongoing trends analysis.
Internal and External Relations
- Serves as a visionary leader of the organizations by delegating day-to-day operations to other staff and serving as liaison between staff and volunteer leadership. Develops and maintains an environment in which staff take initiative and are able to make management decisions.
- Works with leadership to recruit, develop and nurture volunteer leaders according to a comprehensive leadership development plan; maintains an organizational culture that builds strong partnerships between staff and volunteers.
- Actively participates in affecting positive and collaborative relationships with local, state and national associations and maintains a leadership role in state and national meetings.
- Works with a CPA firm and an attorney to support association operations and network with counterparts in other REALTOR® associations.
- Forges effective and synergistic relationships, along with volunteer leaders, with local government leaders and legislators; service providers, vendors, consultants, contractors; influential and market-share members/industry leaders, allied real estate groups who view the CEO and staff, and the organizations as resources and industry leaders; media and community groups; allied real estate organizations and culturally diverse groups, with an eye on building and leading political and business coalitions; other advocacy groups.
- Analyzes, addresses, and impacts legal and regulatory issues and proactively frames the regulatory environment.
- Ensures a high level of political-action and governmental affairs activities, including skills in special fundraising efforts, member mobilization efforts and candidate development.
- Maintains a politically aware organizational culture.
- Positions the association as a recognized leader in governmental advocacy in the local community and in partnership with the state and/or national associations.