With its offices in the Chicagoland area and in the nation’s capital, ASA’s goals are far-reaching: We aim to be the best medical society in the world by offering superior educational opportunities and resources for its members. After more than 110 years of existence, ASA still constantly looks to redefine itself. And, we can only do this with the help of skilled, motivated people. We’re looking for highly talented, member-centric people to join our team…and grow with us!
This position is responsible for executing meeting and event strategies to achieve the ASA mission, values, goals and strategic plan. The Meetings Coordinator provides logistical meeting and event planning coordination for the ANESTHESIOLOGY® annual meeting, Practice Management conference and Insights + Innovations conference. This position will also be responsible for the coordination of small, educational meetings and events. The Meetings Coordinator will perform duties in support of the Meetings Manager and the Senior Convention and Meetings Manager to advance event coordination and execution, technology, reporting, and innovation for all ASA educational programs.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Provide logistical coordination for ASA educational events including the ANESTHESIOLOGY annual meeting, the Practice Management conference, the Insights + Innovations conference, and other educational meetings as assigned.
- Coordinate necessary advanced, onsite and post event reporting, surveys and evaluations for all educational meetings including the ANESTHESIOLOGY annual meeting, the Practice Management conference and Insights + Innovations conference.
- Responsible for budget coordination to include tracking, reporting, and reconciliation and posting for the ANESTHESIOLOGY annual meeting and other educational conferences.
- Responsible for the coordination of ASA service areas for the ANESTHESIOLOGY annual meeting and other educational conferences such as Registration, Connection Lounges, International Connection Lounge, Product/Technology area, Subspecialty Pavilion, and Presenter Ready Room.
- Act as the liaison to the Member Services department to coordinate and implement logistical requirements for the ASA Resident and Medical Student program at the ANESTHESIOLOGY annual meeting including both House of Delegates meetings and other Resident Component events.