The primary purpose of this position is to drive exhibit, sponsorship, promotional opportunities, and advertising revenue across all BIO events contributing significantly to the overall annual revenue goal. Accounts will include mostly mid-level accounts and primarily focus on inside sales efforts against cold prospect leads and lead sources as well as a base of existing accounts that translate to higher, more aggressive sales goals. This position will also be responsible for sales fulfillment, operations, data management, marketing and customer service activity.
The successful Manager will achieve monthly sales goals and activity levels, attend weekly assigned event meetings and possess extensive knowledge of the exhibit sales and sponsorship process.
- Develop new corporate relationships and cultivate existing ones in order to obtain annual event sales goals. Identify and recruit new supporters, negotiate contracts and devise strategies for new revenue streams.
- Exhibit space sales to individual exhibitors which include pavilion relationships.
- Devise, manage and execute sales and sponsorship strategies including donor solicitation, implementation of benefits, invoicing and collection of funds.
- Cold calling to new prospects as well as relationship development with previous and existing clients.
- Contributes to strategic sales plan development and execution working with all internal BIO departments.
- Coordinate prospecting database and sales processes.
- Research and development needed to expand exhibit space sales prospecting database, and groups/organizations to partner with to expand both exhibit space sales and grow attendance to keep the BIO Convention fresh and on the cutting edge.
- Develop, manage and sustain full sales prospect pipelines for all BIO events.
- Provide accurate sales forecasts and benchmarks on a consistent basis.
- Meet and exceed established exhibit space, sponsorship, promotional branding, and advertising goals on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Represent Sales & Sponsorship Team for regular management meetings.
- Attend competitive exhibitions/events for prospecting and establish/build upon relationships with current clients.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and presentation skills.
- Customer-focused with excellent follow up
- Highly driven, motivated and results-oriented
- Ability to work as part of a team and ability to create and alter processes for gained team efficiencies and excellent project management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, Salesforce, Map Your Show (preferred not required)
- College degree or equivalent years of experience.
- 5+ years of related work experience.
- At least 5 years of proven sales experience preferably Exhibit and Sponsorship sales and working with Associations and Conventions.
- Non-Profit or Membership Organization experience a plus
We offer a competitive benefits package. Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
Biotechnology Innovation Organization Human Resources Department 1201 Maryland Avenue, SW Suite 900 Washington, DC 20024 Phone: 202.962.9200 Fax: 202.488.6308 Email: email@example.com