Please apply for this position directly on our website at www.pamedsoc.org/jobs
The Association Executive serves as part of a team who manage multiple client associations. This individual serves as Director of several assigned associations and manages the staff and activities of those associations, ensuring client satisfaction. The Association Executive supports the Division in assuring the smooth operation of the department and its staff, and supports PAMED in fostering a cooperative working relationship with association clients.
- Extensive participation in PAMED activities and initiatives, attend PAMED meetings, develop an understanding of the issues that impact the organization, articulate these issues and PAMED’s position/activities, engage in two-way communications between PAMED and medical clients and encourage participation in State Society initiatives.
- Support and implement departmental and society-wide policies and procedures.
- Assist in assuring that the department is operating in the most fiscally responsible manner, i.e., minimizing costs and maximizing productivity.
- Manage client finances, prepare budget, monitor income/expenses, apprise Board on budget abnormalities and recommend possible solutions.
- Advise the President of each client organization on items for board consideration, draft agenda and prepare materials for board meetings, attend and contribute as necessary to board discussions, prepare minutes.
- Coordinate activities of committees, develop agenda, minutes, etc.
- Develop organizational communications, including correspondence, newsletters, brochures, media releases, website, policy statements, etc.
- Supervise Assistant Professionals, Meeting Managers and Member Service Specialists assigned to provide administrative services to each client, meet on a regular basis to ensure coordination of activities and promote short and long-range planning.
- Direct all membership functions, including development of membership recruitment campaigns, maintenance of membership database, processing of membership applications, dues billing and collection, production of membership certificates and membership directories, etc.
- Direct all meetings of the organization (i.e., clinical meetings which may be several days in length, trade shows and exhibits, seminars, social functions) including planning, promotion, fund raising, continuing education credits, and on-site supervision.
- Develop an understanding of legislative and regulatory issues which impact the client association, explain and communicate these issues to leaders and members, coordinate response to proposed legislation/regulations, work with lobbyist and/or political action committee.
- Create strategies to implement new projects/activities approved by each organization, apprise Board of budget implications, including staff time.
- Identify process improvements within the department which will result in better service to client organizations and make recommendations to the Professional Director.
- Represent client organizations at meeting of affiliated organizations, including national or local chapters, coalitions, state agencies, etc.
- Document all organizational processes and policies, maintain all organizational records, supplies, files, and permanent archives.
- Assure that the department is meeting the needs of all existing and new client organizations, assisting other department staff as necessary.
- Work cooperatively with other association Professionals to coordinate workloads and schedules of meeting managers and secretaries, ensure that all department staff are assisting each other as required, and resolve any conflicts which may arise between staff.
- Identify potential conflict situations between client associations and SSMS (either contract-related or issue-related), work with SSMS Professional Director to manage situations, foster a cooperative working relationship
This is a Full Time, Exempt, Monday through Friday position. A comprehensive salary and benefits package is offered. If interested in this position, please complete the application at www.pamedsoc.org/jobs. Be sure to include your cover letter with salary requirement and resume. E.O.E.