To advance PMA’s global connections pillar and strategy that contributes to the development of the supporting business plan. Focus on achievement of goals for membership recruitment/retention, participation and engagement by members regarding PMA’s global event and digital content portfolios as well as communication and dissemination of PMA value. Assists in managing country, regional representative and affiliate network. Builds on PMA’s relationships with volunteer leaders (Country Councils and the Global Development Committee), alliance partners and government institutions.
Reports to the Senior Vice President of Member Relations and Business Development. Works closely and develops plans with the V-P’s of Global Business Development. Works cross-functionally with other departments at PMA and the Center for Growing Talent by PMA, including Business Development, Member Relations, Marketing, Public Relations, Research, Education, Digital Content, Value Creation and Meetings/Events.
Has regular contact with members, potential members and industry partners from all corners of the globe, via telephone, email, Skype and in-person when onsite during events. Also interacts with U.S. and international governmental institutions that support PMA programs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Membership Recruitment and Retention – 40%
- Supports and participates in regular communication of new and existing PMA value with the reps and global members, including pma.com.
- Supports and participates in annual membership recruitment/retention plan in conjunction with liaisons and the country reps.
- Coordinates support for global membership, working closely with Member Relations on global member initiatives and dues categories.
- Measures achievement toward goals established for targeted regions.
- Follows up with reps regularly (monthly) on R & R, using Google Drive (bringing all reps into regular use of system) to ID concerns, help needed, more efforts needed, etc.
- Identifies key leads in non-rep countries and reaches out to these leads for membership. Follows up with leads from inquiries received throughout the year.
- Plays lead role on follow-up regarding sales/membership prospects from the events in which PMA participates.
- Sales, Marketing and Related Project Management – 35%
- Conducts phone calls and personal outreach for sales supporting Fresh Connections and other global PMA events, including expo sales, sponsorships and advertising.
- Works with volunteers to achieve overall revenue goals for global growth.
- Supports Fresh Summit buyers and related reverse trade mission programs.
- Assists in developing custom tours within the US for global delegations.
- Supports achieving attendance and revenue goals for in country events.
- Leads global business buyer roundtables where applicable at PMA global events.
- Supporting Relations with Volunteers/Councils – 15%
- Manages logistical details, compiles notebooks and background materials and supports development of agenda for country council and GDC meetings.
- Works with VP’s of Global Business Development to provide regular updates to the councils and committees and affiliate(s).
- Contributes to Global Business planning process.
- Works with country reps to outline tours and meetings connected to GDC meeting.
- Preps for meetings with country reps in person or via conference calls.
- Outreach Management – 10%
- Works with internal teams to develop and implement strategies for engaging members in target countries/regions including PMA Australia-New Zealand.
- Coordinates booth process and selectively participates as staff member at PMA exhibit booths during global industry events (Fruit Logistica.)
- Leads and supports special projects as necessary (i.e. PLU scorecard in Mexico and Latin American Women’s Fresh Perspectives work.)
Measures of success:
- Meets or exceeds membership recruitment/retention goals in target countries.
- Increases membership recruitment/retention in countries outside target areas.
- Enables volunteer/council interaction throughout the year.
- Efficient, timely follow up of leads from events.
- Generated sales to support global event portfolio.
- Communicates clearly and creates a collaborative working environment with PMA staff.