- Responsible for maintenance of member records. Provides membership statistics to the Finance Department for reconciliation.
- Serves as the membership liaison to the Admissions Committee. Responsible for compiling data and making recommendations for approvals for the Admissions Chairperson to confirm.
- Prepares materials, and agendas for Committee conference calls. Provides consent agendas for the Board of Directors on behalf of the actions of the Admissions Committee.
- Oversees the membership dues waiver processes, and coordinates approvals with the Admissions Chairperson. Adjusts membership dues fees and communicates with members as to the status of their approval.
- Responsible for the international subsidy applications for reduced membership dues. Adjusts membership fees and communicates with members as to the status of their approval. Prepares reconciliation spreadsheets.
- Assures accuracy of the North American Actuarial Council (NAAC) membership information for the Directory of Actuarial Organizations. Functions as the liaison to the other actuarial organizations regarding membership statistics.
- Supply administrative support for CAA-Global and SOA Center. Function in multiple databases on behalf of these entities in order to assist candidates and members. Answer incoming phone lines and email boxes for each organization.
- Provide service to our members, candidates and staff by efficiently and effectively processing transactions and follow-up activities. Maintain address and contact information for members.
- Manage the collection and maintenance of member data, including member designations, status and contact information.
- Coordinate the exchange of member lists with members of the North American Actuarial Council.
- Answer routine to complex questions from members, non-members and students via web live chat, or phone.
- Maintain group email boxes: membership, actuarial directory and customer service.
- Ability to work in the Personify database updating member records, updating address information and maintaining orders, payments.
- Willingness to train and be cross-trained on the various functions within customer service, including reception.
- Provide administrative support for CAA-Global and SOA Center.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (an equivalent amount of training, education and experience will considered)
- Requires a High School diploma or GED. Associates Degree in business or related field preferred.
- Requires a minimum of one year experience in a customer service/data entry environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES including competencies that may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, listening and written.
- Requires knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Detail oriented
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Aptitude to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to learn quickly and think critically about choices and make situation-appropriate
- Advanced skill set in the Personify or equivalent database environment
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Desire to grow with the project – consistently continue to educate and be educated on
WORK ENVIRONMENT (environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Examples listed below.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITES AND COORDINATION required to perform the functions of this job.
- There are no direct reports to this position
EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM THE JOB (may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position. Examples are listed below.
- Standard office equipment
- Personal computer and printer
- MS Office ( Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Personify database
PHYSICAL ABILITES that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation. Examples listed below.
- Prolonged periods of concentration and computer use
- Prolonged periods of sitting
- Light filing – ability to bend, stoop, reach as required