Law degree not required, but helpful.
• A successful track record of collaborative, proactive leadership and executive management of complex organizations. Leadership and management experience in professional associations (preferably legal or professional services), nonprofits or for-profit business settings with a trajectory of increasing responsibilities.
• Broad understanding of the legal field and its related issues.
• Strong understanding of Colorado electoral politics and the legislative process.
• A proven history of working collaboratively and effectively with a nonprofit board.
• Demonstrated experience as the spokesperson for an organization.
• Experience in fundraising with diverse revenue streams and/or increasing the membership of an association.
• Experience overseeing the design and implementation of technology systems or tools to improve business operations to better meet member need.
• Demonstrated track record of successfully leading and managing personnel. Experience building a high functioning team, particularly when replacing long-tenured team members.
• Successful fiscal management experience of a like-sized organizational budget/P&L including creating and managing a budget, forecasting and financial performance analysis.
• Experience working successfully in a nonprofit environment, or demonstrated aptitude for such environment.
The successful professional will:
• Commit to CTLA’s mission with demonstrated activist values and skills;
• Have well-developed diplomacy skills, driven by solutions, not ego;
• Be a secure, collegial, respectful leader and manager;
• Be political and people savvy and possess the strength and determination to work positively with challenging personalities;
• Show proactive leadership on all levels of the Association toward its commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion;
• Demonstrate a track record of successful fundraising;
• Have an energetic professional style with a collaborative, relationship-building orientation;
• Be able to make difficult decisions;
• Have excellent active, respectful listening skills;
• Demonstrate a track record of managing and mentoring at all levels;
• Have deft, nuanced abilities in communicating with different audiences, including leadership, members, staff, and external parties;
• Have the ability to strategically oversee the incorporation of new technology such as social media and collaborate with appropriate technology resources;
• Demonstrate proactive thinking and action;
• Be highly-organized and efficient; able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously with excellent follow-up and attention to detail, and;
• Have the capacity to recognize and adapt to changing circumstances.