Who We Are
"The advancement of science should be the chief concern of a nation that would conserve and increase the welfare of its people."
-James McKeen Cattell, former AAAS President and Editor of Science
The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) is an international non-profit organization dedicated to advancing science for the benefit of all people. For over a century, AAAS has been a force for science, from helping to establish science as a credible field in the 19thcentury to using satellite imaging technology to document human rights abuses in 2007. We are recognized as the world’s largest general scientific society and the proud publisher of the Science family of journals. Past presidents have included astronomer Edward Charles Pickering, anthropologist Margaret Mead, and biologist Stephen Jay Gould. Our mission is centered on the belief that STEM research and education can help solve many of the challenges the world faces today.
AAAS is a culture steeped in history, but adaptive to change and new ideas. We recognize the hard work of our employees and encourage the development of our staff. Our colleagues represent an array of expertise from scholarly publishing to digital marketing, educational research to government relations, all with a shared focus on mission. At AAAS, you are part of a talented team, dedicated to advancing science and serving society.
Work With Us
We have an exciting opportunity for an Institutional Licensing Manager to help drive the growth of Institutional Licensing revenue for the Association’s portfolio of five Science branded journal titles —including Science magazine—thus supporting AAAS’s mission to advance science, engineering, and innovation throughout the world for the benefit of all people. Compensation for this position includes a base salary and commission on sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively manages and grows respective sales region which includes all Academic, Government, Corporate and Research Institutions and their agents, where applicable
- Employs a data-driven, entrepreneurial and consultative sales approach towards maximizing renewal and new sales uptake
- Works closely with all departments on developing and providing industry leading business growth initiatives
- Along with Marketing and Operations, plays an active role in identifying and nurturing leads
- In support of the department’s overall licensing objectives, develops, communicates and executes an annual strategic sales plan
- Exceeds sales targets for all products on an annual basis
- Collaborates with customers and colleagues within AAAS to ensure all feedback is collected and considered, thus leading to a high level of customer satisfaction
- Utilizes company CRM system to track, communicate and analyze business within region