Who We Are
"The advancement of science should be the chief concern of a nation that would conserve and increase the welfare of its people."
-James McKeen Cattell, former AAAS President and Editor of Science
The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) is an international non-profit organization dedicated to advancing science for the benefit of all people. For over a century, AAAS has been a force for science, from helping to establish science as a credible field in the 19thcentury to using satellite imaging technology to document human rights abuses in 2007. We are recognized as the world’s largest general scientific society and the proud publisher of the Science family of journals. Past presidents have included astronomer Edward Charles Pickering, anthropologist Margaret Mead, and biologist Stephen Jay Gould. Our mission is centered on the belief that STEM research and education can help solve many of the challenges the world faces today.
AAAS is a culture steeped in history, but adaptive to change and new ideas. We recognize the hard work of our employees and encourage the development of our staff. Our colleagues represent an array of expertise from scholarly publishing to digital marketing, educational research to government relations, all with a shared focus on mission. At AAAS, you are part of a talented team, dedicated to advancing science and serving society.
Work With Us
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Sales Development Coordinator to help support the growth of Institutional Licensing revenue for the Association’s portfolio of five Science branded journal titles —including Science magazine—thus supporting AAAS’s mission to advance science, engineering, and innovation throughout the world for the benefit of all people. We are looking for someone with a data-driven and consultative approach, who can quickly become an advanced user of the organization’s CRM and support a dynamic and global Institutional Licensing sales team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Institutional Licensing Managers with efforts to develop customer quotes and proposals
- Generate complex quotes and ensure a high level of accuracy, quality, and adherence to pricing and policy scheme.
- Work closely with the Manager, Agent Relations & Customer Success, as an agent partner organization liaison, serving as the main point of contact for new sales initiatives, coordinating monthly meetings, and funneling inquiries to the appropriate Institutional Licensing Manager as needed
- Assist sales team with CRM data entry as needed and ensure all sales support activities are documented within the system
- Run and provide usage reports to customers, agent partners, and sales team as requested
- Provide support on special projects, such as identifying new sales opportunities with existing accounts (upsells), coordinating telesales initiatives with Marketing, and providing ad hoc support to the sales team as needed