About the Fair Labor Association
The Fair Labor Association (FLA) combines the efforts of industry, civil society organizations, and colleges and universities to promote and protect workers’ rights and to improve working conditions worldwide by promoting adherence to international labor standards. The FLA is headquartered in Washington, D.C., and has offices in Geneva, Switzerland and Shanghai, China. For more information, visit www.fairlabor.org.
The Research and Innovation Manager will work in the Research and Innovation (R&I) Department, with a direct reporting relationship to the Director, R&I. The position is responsible for bringing a strong statistical analysis background with data analysis, data visualization skills and experience in the areas of human rights and labor rights. The position will be required to develop long term data strategy for the FLA, develop impact assessment tools, analyze existing data from the various programs within the FLA looking at various sectors such as agriculture, apparel, footwear, home-based work and upstream supply chains.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review and analyze FLA’s existing data from farm and factory audits and projects to analyze trends over time and visualize the outcomes it in a reader friendly manner.
- Draft project reports (Baseline and Impact Assessment) based on the analyzed data.
- Develop standard data collection and data management processes within the organization to track performance of each department.
- Research on existing trends in data analysis and data visualization and develop a long-term data strategy for the FLA.
- Review existing data collection tools with the FLA and include indicators for social impact assessment.
- Develop other tools as and when needed such as self-assessments, surveys, focus discussion packages, and capacity building materials, if relevant.
- Provide support in reviewing, developing and updating training materials where necessary and conduct trainings as and when required (especially on social impact assessments).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Apply online at Careers at FLA
This position is based in Washington, D.C.
Fair Labor Association
1111 19th Street, NW, Suite 401
Washington, DC 20036