This position provides strategic and tactical management for TMA’s continuing education and professional development programming delivered through multiple channels. The Manager is responsible for content that generates annual revenue totaling $100,000.
This position directly oversees the operation of the North American certification program, with more than 500 active certification holders. The role ensures the operational integrity of the certification process from application to renew. This includes supporting designees, administration of the exam process and on-line courses with an annual revenue stream of $200,000. In addition, she/he provides operational and strategic guidance for affiliated international certification programs.
Certification Program (70%)
- Operational staff liaison to the TMA Certification Oversight Committee and the supporting Standards Committee by providing guidance, developing meeting agendas with appropriate documentation and supporting materials, and creating meeting minutes for committee voting and approval.
- Ensure the integrity of the Learning Management System (LMS) and the integration with the Association Management System to ensure the validity of the TMA certification data.
- Create and maintain operational reports and sales dashboards for Certification Key Performance Indicators (KIP).
- Manage multiple support vendor engagements to ensure content and exam products are developed and delivered appropriately. This includes review of contracts, facilitating management and legal review of those contracts, monitoring vendor progress against milestones, serving as a liaison between vendors and TMA stakeholders, identifying performance issues and working with vendors to resolve them.
- Oversee the creation, updates and amendments to the TMA Certification policies and procedures, and seek necessary Governance approvals.
- Serve as primary contact for all certification candidates and provide superior customer service.
- Manage certification database information to ensure it is current and accurate
- With Marketing team, develop and implement certification program marketing strategy to meet or exceed budget.
- Establish and manage certification program website content.
- Support global certification programs by providing process training, data, educational materials, and other items as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Education Program (30%)
- Manage the process of developing e-learning programs.
- Assist with technical training for faculty, SMEs and volunteers, as needed.
- Serves as the first line of contact, service, and support to members and customers with questions about educational programs and resources.
- Keep abreast of current CE accreditation standards, policies and procedures and how they apply to planning CE activities.
- Ensure that required components of education programs meet the accreditation standards and correspond to the continuing education mission of the organization.
- Supervise all continuing education processes to offer TMA members appropriate credit to maintain licenses. This includes managing up to 40 varying CLE license requirements and TMA’s accredited association, NASBA (National Association of State Board of Accountancy).
- Manage technical production of webinar and eLearning courses including supervision of outside vendor hosts for approximately 12 programs annually.
- Develop and manage timely and professional communication including written, electronic and oral communication, with staff team members, SMEs, committees and task force members.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Ability to multi-task, execute, and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong problem solving.
- Ability to manage complex projects involving subject experts who can be volunteers or vendors.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer focus.
- Results orientation.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally 4-5 times a year on multiple night trips.