MAPI in Arlington, VA seeks a Special Events Director who will bring people together for in-person and digital events across a myriad of subjects and formats for our growing organization. We are searching for an operations and project management guru who also excels in identifying captivating event content and speaker acquisition.
The Special Events Director collaborates with council directors, marketing, sponsorships, and sales to develop event concepts and execution plans. He/she develops and manages multiple project timelines, provides updates and gets input from the senior leadership team, manages event logistics, and works closely with event vendors. The Director also provides on-site execution from setup to tear down, and serves as the main point of contact for logistics questions. The Director oversees attendance acquisition, works collaboratively with marketing, and is responsible for the overall P&L for the unit. Reporting to the SVP of Operations, the Director will report on event ROI, trends, and new ideas to help achieve results.
Additional responsibilities in this role:
Develop and oversee all special events program plans
- Identify new event trends and experiential learning opportunities
- Oversee all event execution and logistics, and serve as the main POC for event vendors and sponsors
- Lead speaker acquisition efforts
- Collaborate with Contracts team to execute event agreements and maintain budgets
- Work closely with marketing, sponsorships, and sales for event support
- Oversee registration and full event lifecycle, pre-, during, and post-event
- Manage special events team members
The Special Event Director’s role may evolve to include related tasks as MAPI’s strategy evolves. This role requires the ability to work closely across the organization, with leadership, various program directors, and event teams.