CGA, founded in 1913, is dedicated to the development and promotion of safety standards and safe practices in the industrial and medical gas industry. CGA represents over 125 member companies in all facets of the industry: manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, and transporters of gases, cryogenic liquids, and related products and services. Through a committee system, CGA creates technical specifications, safety standards, and training and educational materials, and works with government agencies to formulate responsible regulations and standards and to promote compliance with these regulations.
Title: Committee Administrator
Employer: Compressed Gas Association, Inc.
Location: Chantilly, Virginia
Type: Full Time, Experienced
Education: 4-year degree preferred
Keywords: Administrative Support, Technical Editor, Project Manager
Overview: Manage activities, publication development, and work processes of committees in overall team effort to carry out the Association’s mission, which is to promote the safe manufacture, transportation, storage, transfilling, and disposal of industrial and medical gases and their containers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as administrator for a number of CGA committees. Organize standing committee, ad hoc committee, and task force meetings (location, agenda, minutes, and general correspondence). Some travel required for off-site meetings.
- Provide in-depth technical editorial review of CGA publications. Advise committees drafting new publications on appropriate use of grammar, document flow, and use of enforceable language.
- Serve as project manager for committee activities to keep work moving on schedule and prioritizing projects within the framework of the organization’s goals and procedures. Advise committees on administrative procedures in coordination with CGA management to ensure compliance with procedures.
- Provide support for committee meetings including, but not limited to, assisting the chairman in adhering to the agenda and CGA guidelines, providing on-screen revision and change documentation for publication updates, and having knowledge of the status of each project and action item including having related documentation available for display.
- Based on the committees assigned, this position may also be responsible for oversight of or involvement in educational projects such as seminars, webinars, or training modules.
- Provide support for the development or revision of publications, correspondence and other documents.
- Maintain relational databases and work with other information systems.