Associations International (AI) – an innovative and family first Association Management Company based in Lexington, KY is seeking a Vice President of Human Resources. The ideal candidate would have a minimum of ten years’ experience in a strategic role driving HR and corporate culture.
The Vice President of Human Resources (HR) has overall responsibility for the HR Department of Associations International (AI), including employee relations, compensation, benefit administration, professional development, performance management, on-boarding, policy implementation, recruitment and employment law compliance for a workforce encompassing approximately 140 employees. In addition, this position is an integral part of the senior decision-making group (Executive Team) for AI and reports to directly to the AI Chairman of the Board.
· Partners with leaders within AI to research and introduce best practices and new technologies for additional service offerings and improvements to HR practices.
· Lead efforts to enhance and elevate AI’s workplace culture to ensure the organization excels when it comes to meeting the needs of its employees and remaining a “Best Places to Work” company.
· Develop and implement strategic recruitment and training initiatives to ensure attraction and retention of skilled and professional employees. Responsible for developing and executing a new employee on-boarding program that effectively orients individuals into AI and their respective departments.
· Maintain knowledge of human resources-related trends and employment legislation to ensure the organization's compliance.
· Partner with AI leadership to implement and lead a talent management and succession planning strategy including the development of current and next-generation of leaders.
· Provide effective and inspiring leadership by being actively involved in programs and services related to Human Resources. Directly connect with AI employees on a regular basis (face to face, phone and/or town hall style meetings) to understand the needs, goals and desires of individuals serving AI and respective departments.
· Responsible for partnering with AI’s benefit and resource providers to consistently offer employees the highest quality and most affordable options available in health care and other benefits. The execution of the benefits to be managed by HR generalist.
· Lead AI’s public relations and communications strategy in the area of recruitment to enhance the company’s profile to potential employees, throughout the local business community and within the association management industry.
· Prepare annual departmental budgets and provide continuous oversight for all expenditures.
· Collaborate with Executive Team members and other internal leaders to identify opportunities to leverage cross-program strengths to take advantage of new opportunities and/or to address organizational challenges.
· Provide consistent feedback to direct reports to support their efforts to meet and exceed expectations; conduct performance reviews as prescribed by company policy.
· Responsible for evaluating the AI annual performance review appraisal process in partnership with the Executive Team to ensure the most effective system is in place to support employees’ growth for future success.