About the Role:
WBL (Women Business Leaders in Health Care) is seeking a Communications Assistant to implement, author, and assist with the organization’s communications activities. This individual will perform a variety of key functions for the organization, such as the creation and development of the organization’s newsletters, email communications, program communications, some presentations, and program collateral. The individual will also assist with various administrative tasks relating to membership and other programs, along with serving as the first point of contact for those calling the organization.
What we are:
WBL is a 15 year established business-focused non-profit comprised of 3,300 members who are CEO and Senior VP level women business executives in health care. WBL’s staff is a small but growing group of entrepreneurial-minded professionals who work hard to provide a top quality business resource for our members through developing strong relationships and opportunities for these members. We are seeking someone with a passion for advancing the careers of women in business at the senior most level, and a people-person who thrives on bringing people together. Logistically, we operate largely like a trade association but we do not lobby. WBL provides networking resources, an annual conference and other, smaller programs for the members to network.
What we aren’t:
- An organization dealing with women’s health
- A mentoring program
- An organization with any political agenda
- A bureaucracy
Why this is a great job:
This role is a rare opportunity to meet exciting women leaders one-on-one and to help them achieve their goals and the goals of their businesses. No day is the same, and we foster a collaborative, fun, flexible, and hardworking office environment with room to innovate free of bureaucracy. There is plenty of room to grow and develop new skills in the role; the organization's current leadership all began in similar roles. Come grow with us!
- Working with staff team to develop strategies to ensure communications are effective, and implementing the organization’s Communications Plan
- Drafting all communications for all organizational activities
- Researching, writing, and designing the organization’s bi-monthly newsletter, the WBL Pulse
- Creating content for the organization on social media platforms (LinkedIn and Twitter) to promote our programs and to develop strong relationships with members and sponsors
- Drafting and refreshing content on company website
- Composing monthly sponsor newsletter
- Creating marketing language and collateral for various pieces as needed
- Drafting any organizational press releases or media outreach
- Maintaining staff calendar of e-marketing and communications
- Assisting membership director with various administrative tasks, including new member intake, customer service, and communicating with prospective members
- Assisting events director with various administrative program details, including setting up registration, managing registrations, and preparing program materials and collateral
- Serving as first point of contact for incoming calls and visitors