The Membership and Meetings Associate is a member of the Communications and Membership Team performing a range of responsibilities related to AMCHP’s membership services and annual conference. Responsibilities include the execution of all membership operations, including ensuring efficient, responsive and cost-effective processes and procedures. More specifically, the Membership and Meetings Associate is responsible for helping to promote a “member-centric” culture among AMCHP staff; assisting the Associate Director of Communications and Membership with all recruitment, retention, and marketing campaigns; helping to ensure consistent and integrated messaging, branding and promotion of AMCHP’s products and services; overseeing the dues invoicing and data entry process; helping to ensure the integrity and upkeep of the membership and customer AMS and the membership and annual conference areas of the website; acting as the junior editor of the bi-weekly electronic member newsletter Member Briefs; serving as the primary staff liaison for all annual conference activities; overseeing the annual committee volunteer recruitment and appointment process; assisting with the coordination of AMCHP’s board election processes; coordinating external exhibit/promotional activities and other duties as agreed.
This is a professional position requiring initiative, teamwork and solid analytical and technical skills. The work involves partnerships with coworkers, members, vendors, and other external groups, and requires the exercise of discretion and independent judgment. The Membership and Meetings Associate will collaborate closely with the Associate Director, Communications and Membership, fellow staff and AMCHP members to centralize, streamline, and improve AMCHP’s membership services activities, membership database integrity, annual conference, and ensure superior service to state health departments.
- Plays a supportive role in the implementation of AMCHP’s member services area by monitoring progress toward key milestones for member retention, and contributing new and innovative ideas for ongoing membership engagement as they relate specifically to membership services and data mining of member and customer data.
- Serves as the junior editor in chief of Member Briefs, AMCHPs bi-weekly membership newsletter including coordinator of articles, storylines, layout, design, and distribution.
- Serves as the primary staff liaison to the outsourced conference vendor contract and otherwise supports the annual conference by serving as the staff liaison to the conference planning committee, coordinating master timelines, overseeing the abstract solicitation and review processes, and working with the committee and CEO on major conference activities such as plenary session planning.
- Develops member activity reports that communicate and reinforce the value of AMCHP membership for state health departments.
- Researches and recommends new membership benefits and affinity programs and marketing those benefits and affinity programs to members and prospective members.
- Analyzes member and customer participation data in the AMS and identifying trends to inform staff and AMCHP volunteer leadership.
- Develops, documents and refines internal processes and procedures that ensure effective and efficient service to state health departments.
- Assists with the development and implementation of marketing materials and campaigns, as well as analyzing and anticipating trends and opportunities.
- Implements membership billing processes and ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of all membership invoicing.
- Processes membership payments.
- Maintains membership database records and otherwise ensures the integrity of AMCHP’s database (AVECTRA NetForum).
- Maintains hardcopy membership files.
- Generates queries needed for AMCHP communications to members and for reporting purposes.
- Serves as a liaison with staff across AMCHP, ensuring that member inquiries and concerns are addressed in a timely manner.
- Participates on “crosscutting” teams relevant to membership, database, and conference activities (e.g., social media, publications).
- Maintains membership-related website pages.
- Coordinates activities for and staffing the AMCHP booth at conferences and other meetings.
- Supports relevant AMCHP committees and/or workgroups, including the Annual Conference Committee.
- Assists with coordinating the annual call for volunteers and committee appointment and orientation processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.