The Society of Thoracic Surgeons
Position: Affiliate Organizations Coordinator
Reports to: Senior Manager, Affiliate Organizations
Provide support for organizations with respect to which The Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) provides association management services, including but not limited to the Southern Thoracic Surgical Association (STSA), the Thoracic Surgery Directors Association (TSDA), The Thoracic Surgery Foundation (TSF), and Women in Thoracic Surgery (WTS), as well as support for the STS Workforce on Thoracic Surgery Resident Issues. Help coordinate associated operations, including meeting and event planning and programming; exam administration; membership recruitment, retention, and processing; print and web-based communications; and additional related projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with TSF and TSDA fundraising campaigns, recording and filing gift/donation entries; create and distribute appropriate related correspondence.
- Assist with STSA, TSDA, and WTS membership recruitment and retention campaigns.
- Help maintain member and donor databases for affiliate organizations.
- Help coordinate TSF award applicant, recipient, and committee correspondence.
- Assist with STSA, WTS, TSDA, and STS Looking to the Future scholarship award processes.
- Help coordinate STS Workforce on Thoracic Surgery Resident Issues projects.
- Assist with processing registrations for meetings, events, and exams for affiliate organizations.
- Help maintain websites and social media content for affiliate organizations.
- Assist with the implementation and tabulation of surveys and evaluations for affiliate organizations.
- Help support meeting preparation, including but not limited to preparations for the STSA Annual Meeting, TSDA Boot Camp, TSDA General Sessions, and organizational leadership meetings.
- Help staff the TSF exhibit booth at the STS Annual Meeting and other meetings as assigned.
- Assist with the coordination of receptions for affiliate organizations.
- Help coordinate the production and dissemination of annual reports, program books and brochures, newsletters, prospectuses, and other marketing materials for affiliate organizations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.