Society of Gynecologic Oncology - Position Description
Position: Clinical Practice Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Practice, Quality and Outcomes
FLSA Status: Exempt
Created: May 2017
The Clinical Practice Coordinator is responsible for deadline management and execution of practice initiatives including overseeing the publications database, coordinating member feedback regarding manuscripts and statements, and planning conference calls, meetings and email communications.
Additionally, the Clinical Practice Coordinator supports the Director of Practice, Quality & Outcomes in all related committee capacities including Program Directors Network, Wellness Taskforce and Quality and Outcomes activities. This position is highly visible with members and volunteer leadership, and requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Assists with coordinating, developing, budgeting and implementing all activities and projects regarding the development, dissemination, and implementation of practice statements, evidence-based reviews and related clinical resources.
- Organizes committee comments for member documents and industry/insurance requests
- Oversees internal publications database; provides monthly reports to workgroup for review and collects feedback for Leadership review
- Develops agendas, writes minutes and participates on conference calls as needed
- Assists with volunteer member correspondence
- Maintains conflict of interest disclosure files for committee members and workgroups
- This dynamic and results-oriented individual will have 3 - 5 years of experience in project/association management environment
- A successful track record of directing multiple projects and demonstrated ability to complete assignments in accordance with timeliness, objectives, budgets, and policies and procedures
- Well-developed organization, prioritization and planning skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience with project management software a plus.
Nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment. Requires ability to communicate verbally and in writing in an exchange of information; collect, compile and prepare work documents; set-up and maintain work files. Occasional day and overnight travel by air and/or automobile may be required. Travel is approximately 5-10 days per year. Use of the computer, with repetitive motion, is approximately 80%.
Majority of work is performed in a general office environment.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
This is a full-time position (37.5 hours/week) located at SGO’s headquarters in Chicago, IL. Salary is commensurate with experience. SGO offers a comprehensive and generous benefits package including paid time off, health insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan to its full-time employees.
SGO is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.