The Senior Business Development Specialist is responsible for retaining and expanding existing relationships, as well as soliciting new business from prospective customers for the AONE 365 industry partner engagement program. This program connects nursing leadership industry partners with the American Organization of Nurse Executives (AONE). Through the alignment of core missions and strategic priorities, this position will provide industry partners with access to the AONE membership through advertising, sponsorship and thought leadership opportunities. The individual will support key AONE strategic priorities and operational effectiveness by executing engagement strategies for the organization’s web, print, education, face-to-face and annual meeting industry partner opportunities. This position will also develop and implement marketing plans for multiple AONE products and services.
- Develops, manages and executes, custom advertising and sponsorship packages (digital, print, face-to face) for industry partners via AONE 365 program and annual meeting house accounts (Career Center: $600K, Advertising: $300, Sponsorship/webinars: $86K, Annual Meeting: $150K) revenue across multiple program budgets.
- Executes industry partner engagement strategies that further AONE’s core business, follows CNE accreditation restrictions regarding commercial interest sponsorship, and meets industry partner business objectives and needs.
- Builds strong and profitable relationships with industry partners through lead nurturing, face-to-face meetings, analyzation of business objectives and field research, resulting in growth of AONE 365 and Preferred Partner program. Initiates, coordinates, attends and leads in-person and online strategy meetings with high-profile nursing leadership industry partners.
- Analyzes and interprets data regularly and presents reports to leadership, including monitoring of sales activity to meet set sales goals. Makes recommendations or suggestions based upon results to improve program.
- Grows AONE Career Center through new features, collaboration with Boxwood, collaboration with AHA business units, monitoring of Google Analytics and usage, targeted sales strategies. Develops and maintains career center, advertising and sponsorship budgets that includes updating initial draft, reforecasts, preparing invoices and following up on bad debt.
- Develops, implements and manages new AONE membership category for industry partners. Including creation of dues structure, appropriate benefits, sensitivity of protecting member data and integrity of AONE, and marketing of program.
- Responsible for the execution of fulfilment related to AONE 365 advertisements, sponsorships and annual meeting house accounts, from generating interest, building rapport, providing information, preparing quotes to closing and processing the sale and contracts, content/material fulfillment, and follow-up.
- Collaborates with AONE product owners and leads the development and implementation of timely and effective marketing plans. Develops content and marketing materials for department clients including: marketing plan and strategy development, content development, copywriting/editing, proofing, working with graphic designer and plan execution. Measures effectiveness of marketing campaigns and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Assists marketing department on other projects as needed (i.e., social media, email distribution, promotional marketing communications, etc.)