We’re looking for someone with a strong desire to enter the Meetings & Events industry and learn from the ground up. The ideal candidate is an energetic, forward-thinking, and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image. This position reports to the Events Manager, as part of a team who produces up to eight educational conferences per year, ranging from 25-1400 attendees.
This position requires the ability to work quickly and efficiently on several projects at one time, are results oriented, have strong time management skills, and work enthusiastically in a constantly changing environment. The position entails considerable interaction with clients, team members, and other departments within ACOEP, and other groups we manage. Travel may be required several times per year.
Our culture is one that embraces each team member’s professional skill-sets, as well as individual personalities while striving to always support one another. We are a dedicated group of ambitious professionals, who work in unison to positively impact the medical fields we represent. Very competitive salary and excellent benefits, including Simple IRA plan, health/dental insurance, transit coverage, and others.
- Assist and contribute in the coordination of all aspects of conferences, meetings, and events (pre-planning, onsite execution, and post event wrap-up)
- Serve as primary liaison to event attendees, vendors, and hotel partners for all events (phone and email)
- Coordinate travel, lodging, and expenses for participants traveling to meetings or other business travel
- Adapt to crisis situations, changing procedures, methods or processes
- Assist with planning responsibilities for multiple clients and meetings
- Contribute to overall team success by identifying problems and proactively seeking out methods to improve self-performance and/or efficiency of an operation or task
- Travel, domestically, and work overtime as needed to at tend events and client meetings
- Work seamlessly with Education Department as needed for education credit related needs as they pertain to meetings and event